Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back home & a little freaked out...

Hello everyone!

I'm typing from my couch this gray morning and, truthfully, feeling a little freaked out. I'm checking out my bank account, adding up my bills and beginning to hyperventilate a little. Even looking at my "Leap and the net will appear" plaque hasn't helped yet. It's just the time of year...taxes, health insurance renewal, yada-yada...it just makes me ask the question "where is the money gonna come from?!?"

OK, so in reviewing my reality, it's really not so bad. While I don't like depleting my savings altogether, at least I have savings to draw upon. Also, I can always sell my condo, pay off my debts and live with family until I get better situated. Oh yeah, I can always put the dream aside temporarily and go back to work full-time, should it be required. So, I guess I'm not so bad off. At least I have options. I feel really badly for the MANY people in this world who aren't as lucky as I am - who don't have the family support I have or the savings to draw upon or the prospect of some contract work on the horizon (God willing!). OK, so now I feel better...thanx for listening, poppits!I did say this was a "gritty" perspective on my journey, didn't I?!?

I have decided it's time to get off my arse and get busy doing things to move me forward...enough with the pity party already! For some reason, I am finding January and even this part of February kinda tough. It's been tough getting motivated and all of the things I wanted to do just didn't seem to get done. Things like...

- picking a date, renting space and conducting my Defining Your Unique Selling Proposition workshop. Logically, I know this workshop will benefit anyone who is thinking about a career change or just wants to get focused on themselves..their passion, defining who they are outside of the job. It's a great workshop and I'm excited about the possibilities of it, SO WHAT'S TAKING ME SO LONG TO SCHEDULE IT?!?

- creating and holding a "support" group for those of us on a journey to good health. I know I could sure use a positive, supportive group of people who are going through the same struggles I am, SO WHY DON'T I JUST SEND OUT THE EMAIL AND GET IT STARTED!?

- going through the last of the boxes of stuff that are sitting in my bedroom, cluttering my space? There aren't alot of them and I know I'll feel better once they are gone, SO WHAT'S IT GONNA TAKE FOR ME TO SPEND A 1/2 DAY TO CLEANSE MY SPACE?!?

Honestly, is anyone else feeling a lack of motivation or am I the only one who can't seem to get herself together?!? I see so many positive things going on in my life, and yet I just can't seem to shake up myself! Sometimes I feel like I am my own worst enemy....yeesh!

OK, 'nuf whining already!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life..and what a life it is and will be! I'm gonna get off this couch, brush my teeth (yes, it's 11:00 and I still haven't brushed my teeth) and face The Evil One with zeal...well, at least face him with neutrality...ok, wishing for neutral is even pushing it. Did I mention that I'm doing squats now? 100 of them...oh, and he puts a bench under me and if my bum doesn't touch the bench when I squat it doesn't count. Once again, I am reminded of why he is called "The Evil One"...

Chin up, teeth brushed, ear muffs on I am facing today...

I wish you focus, motivation and lots of bum-touching-bench successes, poppits!!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment