Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If I hear another voice in my head...

...does that mean I'm going crazy?!? Or is it crazy if I start to salivate when watching a KFC advertisement for their "boneless, skinless chicken fillets" and really believe that life tastes better with KFC? These are questions on my mind tonight.

Well, I can forgo the burning question about KFC fillets and how it makes life taste. However, the issue about another voice in my head is worth discussing, don't you think? So, here's the deal...I have another voice I will call "The Rationalizer". Why? Because it makes me think about doing things I wouldn't normally do by justifying the behaviour in an insane way. "Normal" being when I'm full of good food and not craving chocolate or olive bread or baby-back ribs. Here's how he works...and he's definitely a "he". I mean only a man can make me think about doing things I wouldn't normally do, right?!? But I digress...

So, The Rationalizer has really been acting in full force lately and I'm getting annoyed. He tells me things like...peanut butter mixed with organic rice is, indeed, healthy... and ... Ritz crackers with cheese have no calories because they are eaten on a plane ... and ... consuming significant amounts of Middle Eastern food is just fine because everyone knows Lebanese food is healthy, even if you eat five helpings of it.

See what I mean?!? Is it just me or does anyone else have "The Rationalizer" in their head? I'm guessing this is the same "guy" that has told me it's ok to steal the Cinnabon from a teenager because I'd be saving her from the torment of her bitchy girlfriends. Fortunately, I don't act on most of the "tips" provided by The Rationalizer (OK, I didn't have FIVE helpings of the Lebanese food, so there Rationalizer!).

So, I spent the weekend in Phoenix, which is why I didn't type in the blog. It was a great time. The weather was AWESOME...sunny and in the high 20s. My bro hosted a party for which Mona cooked. Mona is 1/2 of "Mona & Joe Hamade", a Lebanese couple who live in Vancouver and who have met all of us who lived in Vancouver at one point. They also visited our family in Ontario, so we know them well. ANYWHO, Mona is an AMAZING Lebanese cook and, literally, cooked for days in prep for the party Saturday night. I helped in a SMALL way...mostly taste-testing! It was a great party and everyone enjoyed meeting Mona & Joe, so all was a good time.

I did, however, let loose from a food perspective. Going into the weekend, I was down 9 lbs. over the course of three weeks. Of course, that's because I was eating NOTHING BUT chicken, rice and veggies. Let's just say I ate more than chicken over the weekend. As a result I gained back 3 lbs. when I weighed in Tuesday morning...sigh...

Coincidentally, I had a workout with The Evil One Tuesday and stepped onto the scale at the gym. That one showed me up 2.5 lbs. Needless to say I got a gentle, verbal bitch slap from he-who-must-not-be-named. He was trying to do a combo "why do you keep falling off the wagon" with "I really believe in you". Needless to say, I acted appropriately by starting to boo hoo a little...not sure where the tears came from but let's just say it's time for me to pull out Steal Magnolias to get rid of this emotion. Anyway, I'm back to a strict diet again (just chicken & veggies) with 2 shakes a day. To be truthful, I was looking forward to coming back and having some discipline again.

I bought some protein powder that The Evil One suggested. He forewarned me that it tasted "like ass" (his words, not mine). "Ass" wouldn't be the word I'd choose, given that I've never indulged in said delicacy. However, it does taste crappy. It's like I'm eating really chopped up grass with a hint of strawberry. And what's really exciting is that I'm going to be drinking this ... um ... yummyness ... for two meals every day. I'm guessing it will be for a long while. The good news is that I will most likely lose a great deal of weight, which I am happy about.

I know what you're thinking, poppits..."it's too drastic"..."she won't sustain it"...'she's going to push someone from a building"...I hear ya. And don't think I'm not feeling the same angst. BUT, I am excited about seeing a picture of me at my optimal weight...climbing The Inca Trail weighing 50 lbs. less...highly energetic...feeling damn good ... and looking smokin' HOT!! Are ya with me?!?

So, I suffer for the cause, keeping the goal in mind - looking good naked! Oh wait, that's Werner's goal. OK, MY goal is optimal weight, good health and overall general hotness!

What are your goals, poppits?!?
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment