Sunday, November 15, 2009

What a week!

Greetings & salutations, dudes & babes!

Well, what a whirlwind of a few days, let me tell you! I'm sitting in front of my TV, having finished watching the 3rd movie for the night...ah, relaxation! I must confess that it was well-deserved. You see, I've had a fairly busy end of the week, don't 'cha know...

Well, Thursday was the Inspire Your Career Day and it went very well. We exceeded the number of people in attendance (101 in total!) and my round table went quite well. I have heard great feedback from people about both things, so I'm a happy camper! It was so amazing to hear all the folks who's lives we touched. I mean, isn't that what it's all about?!?

After the event, I had another big deadline for my practicum. And, being the true Myers-Briggs "P", I waited until the last minute to meet it. Well, actually, it's due tomorrow, but I submitted it all Friday afternoon, so it wasn't THAT last minute, I suppose!! It felt good to finish it. I will admit, though, that I didn't really like the last minute stress. Sooooo...I spent the latter part of Friday afternon and evening catching up on some journaling and paper work I'd fallen behind in. It felt good. It brought me back to my high school and university days when I'd wait until the last minute to do my assignments. You'd think I'd learn, right?!? Oh well. It's all good!

Today I went for a hike with some of the Inca Chicks. It was GREAT! The trail we chose was in Oakville. It has an inner loop that runs 5KM and the outer loop is 10KM. We did the 5KM this week and will do 10KM next weekend. It had a couple of steep inclines and even some stairs! I was glad to say that I did it, but was out of breath after a few of the inclines. We were keeping a pretty good pace, too, and I managed to keep up so I was happy with that. Two of the women were on the Mt. Kilimanjaro hike, so they had some great advice for us. I was really happy I went out today. We will continue this through the winter months, which doesn't REALLY excite me, but I can see the value in doing it...oie! I'm going to try and get back again to the trail so I can start building my lung capacity. I was sure glad to be rid of the weight I was carrying!

I've been struggling with the "Leap and the net will appear". I'm seeing some big output of money coming up with Christmas and my faith is getting a little shaky. I don't know if it's a time-of-the-month thing or perhaps Michelle, my inner critic is acting up. Intellectually, I know I've got some really good things in the pipeline that will pan out eventually. However, the challenge for me is that I'm having a tough time FEELING that I will be ok...ya know?!? I know, if I stick to doing what is in my heart, that the money will come. It's just that I think it would be nice to start depositing money into my bank account for a change...sigh...

So, tomorrow is another day, full of opportunities. I have two coaching sessions and my practicum call so that should put me into a better head space. Eventually, that familiar feeling will come back to me ... the feeling of the wind on my face as I journey downwards on my leap of faith ... I just need to step off the ledge again.

I hope that you are still free-falling to the ground, poppits! In the meantime, undaunted we press on!!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment