Wednesday, May 5, 2010

45 minutes until I leave for the airport!

And here I sit, watching Glee on my DVR and typing my blog. I'm all packed ... no small feat, thank you very much! I am quite organized for this trip. Well, at least the 5 day climb anyway. I have bags for each day ... no kidding. A bag a day, that's what this trip's come down to!

So, I don't have anything wonderful and wise to say, unfortunately. But, here's a quick update since my last blog:

- I've lost all the weight I gained (5 lbs. - oie!), so I'm back to my total loss of 85 lbs. This was achieved by NOT eating carbs, grains, dairy and tons of sugar! Amazing how quickly it will come off...

- I didn't do any exercising since my 18KM hike. Not sure why, but I did do a workout yesterday. I decided I should do something, even though The Evil One did offer to skip the workout and take me to Cora's for what sounded like ooey-gooey waffles. And, if you can believe it, I actually chose the workout over the ooey-gooey waffles! What's that all about?!? To be truthful, I would have preferred steak and eggs over the waffles, but I'm sure that once I was there I would've succumbed to something decadent. Thankfully, I chose the workout!

- My fear is still there, but it's more like worry. Will the overly-stuffed duffel bag pop one or all of it's zippers?!? Did I bring enough clothes? Are the clothes I packed really dispensible and, if so, will they make enough room to buy all the potential souvenirs I may buy? Do I really have enough baby wipes?!?

Despite my worrying, I am being picked up at 2:00 where I will meet the rest of the Inca Chicks at the airport. I will board the plane and I will land in Lima, then head to Cuzco. I will finish The Inca Trail, getting my picture taken in Machu Picchu with the rest of the gang. I will be smiling and feel fulfilled, even if my hair is out of control curly or (even worse) smashed against my head! It will be the icing on the cake that has been this 10 month journey.

After my workout yesterday, I bumped into Karolina at the GO Train station. She was the perfect person for me to see just before this trip. Karolina has been and continues to be amazingly supportive, upbeat and optimistic. She is always happy, and happy for me. She has high energy and is just really fun to be around. Her parting words to me, said as she was giving me a big hug, were: "You're gonna do just fine, Yvonne." And I believe her...

I am not taking a laptop so, unless I find an internet cafe on The Inca Trail, I will be unplugged until the 19th.

Take care, poppits! And, if you feel like it, feel free to send positive vibes from the 11th - 15th when I'm actually doing the climb - anything will help!

Cheers!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment