Tuesday, August 18, 2009

He's baaaaack!!

Well, the universe is right again. The heat alert in Toronto is gone...as is the smog alert. And Werner is back to being his Holy Crankiness. Oh sure, he's all kind & compassionate and everything, but he's back to riding my ass...bless his wee little heart.

It's been a very busy 5 days, poppits, so I'll only give you the highlights....

I'm typing quickly because I'm waiting for the cab that will take me to the airport for the beginning of my Alaskan cruise. Yippee!! I've had a little drama in anticipation for the trip...like for two days I thought I'd lost my passport. Needless to say there was alot of angst, tears and profanity. Thankfully, I found it and I am good to go. Also, had a few moments while packing, but I managed to cram (& I mean, "CRAM") my clothes into the smaller suitcase. Most things are dispensable which means I will have room for souvenirs. For the record, I feel that I may be taking this whole "purging" things a little too seriously. I mean, dispensable jeans?!?

I scratched some more things off my imaginary "to do" list, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. My home is in reasonable order now, including my schwanky, new sofabed in my spare bedroom. I just have a few, little piles of stuff to shred and deal with so coming home will be really nice!

So, at the expense of my Journey to Good Health, most other things are in order. It's true that I've been focused in some areas of this journey (like I'm still exercising regularly), other parts are pretty friggin' lame....like my eating habits. So, The Evil One can sense this...or perhaps it was the smell of the M&M I ate....whatever. Anyway, yesterday he made me get on that damn scale again and said my weight out loud, which he knows I hate...bastard! OK, so he whispered it, but still he said it! So, he made me make a commitment. While I tried "I'll exercise as often as I can" and "I'll only take little niblets of everything", he didn't buy it. So, I committed myself to being down 5 lbs. by the time I weigh in with him in 2 weeks. What was I thinking?!? How will this impact me?!? I had to sacrifice real clothes so that work out clothes could make the cut. In addition, I will have to forgo the midnight buffet and, most likely the dessert buffet. Oie! I keep telling myself "it's only food", but it hasn't quite registered yet. I've been debating about telling the people I'm traveling with. Most of them will be sympathetic to me, but sister Lorry will be merciless. She's got this whole "honesty & accountability" thing...yeesh! All she has to do is ask "would Werner be ok if he saw you eating that?" and I'm toast...sigh....I guess I'm gonna have to tell them. I'm thinkin' that telling them and being policed is lesser pain than having to face The Evil One if I haven't lost any weight.

Well, it's time to pack up the laptop and get ready for the cab. It's not likely that I'll be typin' at 'cha until after the cruise so have a good few weeks my friends!!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment