Wednesday, August 12, 2009

SURPRISE!!!

I know, it's only 2 days since my last entry...I know, it's shocking isn't it?!? Well, I'm feeling a little better so I thought I'd write about it.

First of all, my ass hurts...which is a good thing! It means that The Evil One is back to being his 'ole "not-feeling-sorry-for-you-and-you're-gonna-work-'til-ya-die" self again! Yippee!!

Yesterday, the first thing he did was pull out the "contract" I signed and asked "How many times have you been in to work out on your own in the last two weeks, Yvonne?" He knew...and I knew he knew....but he made me say it anyway...which was just once. That's when he flipped to the back of my folder and pointed to the page I signed committing myself to working out at LPS 2x/week in addition to my guided workout. DOH! Even though I told him I was still working out at home, he didn't care. His response..."it's all about the accountability, Yvonne." The evil, beautiful bastard I've come to love and hate is back...I'm so happy! And boy oh boy, did he work me yesterday..oie! I did many lunges, squats and bench presses. At one point, he made me do squats and I asked him why I had to do them. I mean, I had just done lunges, what's the dealio? Apparently, he was concerned about my "form". I'm guessing it was because I was bobbin' & weavin' like I'd had a few too many as I was doing the lunges. He was squatting beside me watching & counting & at one point I was close to toppling over right onto him. I mean, what's he doing squatting that close to me anyway? Yeesh!

ANYWAY, it turns out my "squat form" leaves much to be desired. Yes people, it's possible to suck at squats! According to Werner, I need to "open up my hips", whatever that means. Quite frankly, given the spread of my hips I would've thought they were plenty open. Soooo, I'm off to do my own self-directed work out tomorrow and dammit it if I'm not watching what I eat now. I'm sure Evil One's next move will be to make me stand on that friggin' scale again...sigh...

I met with my coaching buddies Monday night. Can I just say how wonderful it was to see them all again? We had some GREAT discussion around the moral/ethical side of coaching, which was our group assignment. It was so good to hear the diverse opinions. They really are a great group of people - smart, caring, compassionate and pretty darn fun! I'm diggin' this stuff.

I've been able to check off some things from my "to do" list. For those of you who know me, the fact that I even have a "to do" list is quite an accomplishment! I'm feeling quite motivated and am getting lots of ymt Strategies opportunities going, in addition to putting plans into place for the community event for ACP International. It's all so good!

Yesterday, I met with an old acquaintance from CIBC. Her name is Katy and she went through the Royal Roads Executive Coaching program. We met to compare the two programs, but got to talking about how we can help each other out. Having been in Learning & Development at CIBC for over 10 years, Katy is certified to do so many amazing programs...and she likes facilitating courses. So, we were talking about how we can help each other out and increase our business opportunities. Once again, I'm really psyched about the possibilities that can be ymt Strategies!

With less than one week to go before heading out on my Alaskan cruise, things are coming together quite nicely. I'm cleaning my condo one room at a time, leaving the spare bedroom clean up for Friday when niece, Jennifer, comes over to help me declutter and do my Value Village dumps. It's all good, people....

Remember how I told you The Evil One went to Squamash two weeks ago? Well he gave me a card that has some words of inspiration on them. I quite liked them and thought I would share them with you. The program was called "The Warrior".

Ways of the Warrior
I am a warrior:
I create every moment of my life
My choices are my reality
My response creates my outcome
There is no "can't", I choose to or choose not to
There is no "try"; I do or I do not do
I am true to my own heart
I speak my truth...with compassion
I keep my commitments
I approve of myself... now
I don't have to please everybody
I don't take anything personally
I understand that how others judge me is about them
I look 'em in the eye; I tell 'em who I am & if they don't like it,_'em!

Waddaya think?!?

Take care!
(a) yt xox

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you're hilarious for one :) And strong and ambitious for another - we're all psyched about the possibilities for ymt strategies!! (and have I told you how much I love your new business cards?!)

    Alaska sounds awesome - have a safe trip and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete