Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday, Monday....again!

Whoever said that "taxes & death" were the only sure things, forgot about the cycle of a new week. Regardless of the weather, your job situation, your financial situation, etc. the weeks still come and go without warning!

Well, it's been almost a week since last I typed. Since I'm in my pre-menstrual-analyze-everything mode, I started to think about patterns in my short blogging life when I'd go for long phases without typing something. In general, there are 2 reasons for my delays:
1) I can't get to a computer either because I'm too busy or out of commission traveling or
2) I'm too bummed to want to sit down and reflect on how bummed I am!

Right now, I'd say I've been in the #2 phase for a bit of time. Although I've got glimpses of good changes on the horizon...like, my niece is coming over Friday to help me clean out my spare bedroom and area...I'm still having challenges getting settled into things. This whole work-from-home thing really poses a challenge for me. Like today, for instance. My one objective was to finish my bio for my website and my "hire-yt" email campaign. Is it done? Well, a rough draft is. But what am I doing instead of proofing and editing it? Reflecting on the reasons why I can't get motivated to do it...what's wrong with this picture?!?

So, the bio isn't the only area that's been a problem for me....let's talk eating, shall we? On a positive front, I'm sitting at the laptop with my belly full of salad and grilled chicken. On the less than positive front, this is the first meal I've had that hasn't had some kind of carb - grain (like the rice & lentil dish I made for Tracey last night); sugars (like the honey-coated almonds I had Friday) or dairy (like the latte I had Saturday). In stepping on the scale this morning, I find myself up 2 lbs. Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty poopy about that! Soooooooooo, I'm back to trying to self-motivate...'cuz that's worked so well for me in the past....NOT!!

Tonight I'm meeting with some of the Adler coaching crew. I'm going to see about engaging one of them to help me get back on track. I need the accountability again...or more like a good, swift kick in the pants! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've missed The Evil One these past weeks.

Speaking of "Werner-the-evil-trainer", he's come back from a week away in Squamish, BC. He did another self-development/awareness thing. It sounded pretty cool and he got some great insights. I heard some of them last week as he was torturing me, but I have to admit, he's become a much "gentler" torturer. Last week, instead of yelling at me "Come on, Yvonne. You can do this!" He said..."What's your goal, Yvonne? What are you at now? How many do you have to go?" While I did get the motivation required to go from 10 to 25 leg presses, I didn't like having to actually a) do math and b) speak while pushing 75lbs on each leg....but I did appreciate the new perspective. I guess my having to do math and speak were the distractions I needed to get to 25. Anyway, I'm going to have to get used to this new approach, I suppose. Take comfort in knowing that The Evil One rolled his eyes and made a disgusted sound when I told him my eating wasn't going well...now, that's ma boy!

On the exercise front, things to be taking shape there. Although I didn't hike this week, I did get out and do a 7.5 KM walk and hit the treadmill twice for the hill program. I felt great after each workout! Tomorrow I'm back with Werner and Thursday I'm going in to LPS to pull that (insert expletive here) sled. For the balance of the week, it'll be another walk and/or bike ride and treadmill. At least I'm still exercising.

OK poppits...time to get back to my bio. Thanx for indulging me while I was distracted!!
(a)yt xox

1 comment:

  1. Hey YT - love reading your posts and we all get stalled sometimes - today has been a challenge for me, personally and professionally. We need to go out sometime and eat salad and trash old co-workers just to feel better:)

    Hope you have a great week - we're off to NYC tomorrow morning - with the whole fam damily. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete