Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do you celebrate SO MANY good things?

Hi all!

Sorry for my tardy update. It feels like forever since I was basking in the sun of Phoenix. Fortunately I still have the memories...and the tan!!

I was talking to my friend, Emmanuel...aka Motivator Man. He writes a great blog and motivational tips based on his passion - movies. Reading his blog will change the way you watch a movie!

ANYWAY, it had been a long time since we had chatted, so there was alot for us to catch up on. The last time we spoke, we were both in very different places. THIS time, it was all so awesome! Both of us have ALOT of amazing things happening in our lives. I said I felt like I was being grateful "almost hourly"....that's how many positive things that were happening for me. Fortunately, Emmanuel was experiencing the same abundance of awesomeness!

After hanging up with him, I began to notice the physical and emotional benefits I was feeling for being in a "grateful space"...

- I had a smile on my face ... even in traffic!
- I felt highly energized; like I could dance all night. (it DID help to have Billy Idol's "Dancin' With Myself" playing on the radio-just sayin')
- I felt optimistic and really happy...I mean playing-with-a-puppy-in-a-giant-field-of-soft-grass happy.
- I couldn't think of anything about which to be negative...or sad...or afraid.
- I felt like I was about to burst open with excitement, sprouting lovely, colorful flowers from my really taut belly (hey! I can dream of a taut belly, right?!?)

So, what does this mean? It's about feeling good, poppits, and what makes you feel that way. Looking at all the good things going on in your life is one of the best coping mechanisms you can have. Looking at your life through the lens of all the stuff you have vs. what you DON'T have changes your perspective in a good way.

Like, for example, the workout I had yesterday. The Evil One is back and worked me like there was no tomorrow. I did step ups; I pushed a friggin' bench back and forth across the floor; I did skipping with no mercy for the pain of my jiggly bits; I did 50 non-stop half-seated bench presses; THEN, I did ab crunches where I pulled myself up then hit the punching bags at the top. Seriously, by the end of the workout every muscle in my body ached. Did I feel like "accidentally" punching Werner in his manly bits? NO!! Actually, I thanked him for not giving up on me. For showing no mercy and reminding me I have the capability to do the hard workouts. Quite frankly, it was time to get back on the exercise horse and ride again and I was really happy to be back on the horse.

So, if being grateful can help me look at a workout as a GOOD thing, think of what that emotion can do for you!

Try it, you'll like it...

Wishing you things to be grateful for coming out your ying-yang!
(a) yt xox

1 comment:

  1. Hello Yvonne. Wow I can always hear you enthusiastic voice when I read your blog posts like this one! Thanks for sharing our recent conversation that was filled with good news. Yes being grateful on a daily basis is an empowering practice for anyone. Thanks for reminding people that it is a key to magnetizing abundance.

    Emmanuel
    Motivatorman

    ReplyDelete