Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas is over and yet....

..it's only December 13th!

Well, it's 10:51 pm Sunday night and I have survived a very busy weekend. I'm watching "A Christmas Story" with my brother, John, who is staying with me for the weekend. And what a weekend it's been! Friday night was our "Christmas Eve" when everyone arrived into Mississauga, to my sister Lorry's house, our gracious hostess. Saturday morning we opened our presents and Sat. night was Christmas dinner. Then to my Open House & Tacky Gift Exchange Sunday afternoon & evening. It was a whirlwind of food, treats and more food. It was difficult to maintain some control over my eating what with all the friggin' cookies & bars I baked, the chocolates and desserts at my sister's and general temptation all around. I'm trying to look for the positive and the only thing I can think of is that I resisted drinking booze. Considering I don't drink alcohol, I'm not sure that really counts, but I'm clinging to it. So I must pay the piper, step on the scale tomorrow and just suck it up.

I've been talking with my brother about my trip to Phoenix and we've decided we need to exercise, hike and work our asses off...literally! I'm' looking forward to it. But before I hit Phoenix, I must survive one more workout with The Evil One. Oh dear.

As you know, this weekend was quite chilly with crappy weather. My brother, who now has woosified blood and can no longer stand temperatures below 25 celsius, suggested I spend my winters in Phoenix. As I looked at him getting ready to go out for a smoke, putting on his toque, ear muffs, mittens, scarf, boots and heavy jacket, I thought "why not?!?" Really, if I could build a business there, I would be happy to spend winters in Phoenix. Soooooo....I'm approaching my Phoenix Christmas vacation with a new filter...what is the business I can build?!? John already suggested a couple of ideas for workshops I could do and he offered the boardroom in his office for my use. Hmmmm.....this time next year I just might be blogging from new home in Phoenix! I'll be sure to get a spare bedroom for visitors....

Well, it's now 11:13 and I'm meeting my AFOOFA buddies tomorrow morning at 8:00 so it's time for me to sign off and get my beauty sleep!

G'nite poppits!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment