Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday, Feb. 23, 2009

Well heidi-ho everyone!

Today was a good day. It started with my being 1 lb. lighter than this time last week. I was a tich disappointed with the small loss until I realized it was a loss and not a maintain or, worse, gain! I'll take it!

As you can see, Werner the ruggedly-handsome-yet-very-evil trainer maintains editing rights to this blog. Hence the revised description of him in yesterday's entry....and the addition of the picture. Honestly, "ruggedly handsome" is not my word choice.

I did a work out today, which is why even typing this note brings me pain. "Drama queen", you say? Well, YOU try doing step ups carrying a 12 lb. medicine ball for 3 sets of 50 reps and see how YOU feel!

I know what you're thinking..."wanna little goat cheese with that whine, yt?" I hear ya. Here's me moving on...

Great workout and I'm highly motivated. Had a good conversation with Aubrey this morning. We both were committed to eating only when we're actually feeling hungry. I know it may sound a bit ... um ... obvious... to some of you, but for me, it's good to bring that thought to mind BEFORE I actually shove something into my mouth! It's time to retrain my brain!

Today's food consumption was quite reasonable and healthy. Protein & nuts in the morning (a coupla burgers...yes, burgers! and some almonds), followed by lunch of a big ass gourmet-with-loads-of-fresh-toppings-and-charge-you-a-week's- salary salad. I had some more nuts after my workout then off to meet Vincent for a spontaneous dinner at The Fork & Spoon. Dinner was beef & broccoli and a mango salad. I am stuffed like a big 'ole chicken...no need to eat anymore tonight!

The workout was quite good, as I was sweating and puffing par usual. I was, however, VERY hungry after it, despite the yummy chocolate protein "shake" I was given. I really must figure out what to eat and when to eat it before the workout. Otherwise, I may do something silly like gnaw a piece of my arm off or attack someone eating Dairy Queen at Union Station. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?!?

It's 9:35 and I'm ready for my Epson Salts bath and bed. God bless the person who discovered the virtues of Epson Salts and God bless Shoppers Drug Mart for adding lavender!

Positive notes for today:
- As I was walking to the GO station at 5:40 pm, I noticed it was still sunny out. HURRAY!! The days are getting longer!
- Despite my growling stomach, I resisted the temptation to push the woman standing in front of me onto the GO Train tracks, stealing the yummy looking chocolate smothered ice cream thingy from her before I pushed. Sometimes, it's life's LITTLE victories that need celebrating...

Until tomorrow, bon nuit mes amies!
yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment