Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday, Feb 26 2009

A nice day in Toronto, I must say. That certainly helps to keep me motivated.

As mentioned yesterday, I ventured into the big city for a focus on my career. I attended a seminar on Interviewing Skills in the morning and met with Barb, my amazing transition coach, in the afternoon. I am SO HAPPY with how my new business venture (YMT Strategies) is evolving. Yesterday's time in Starbucks was incredibly helpful and Barb just helped me nail more details. And for those who know me, details aren't really a strength of mine!

Food intake was quite controlled, starting breakfast with a coupla small pork chops and some cashews. I had a wee snack of almonds in the morning, then off to a salmon salad lunch with Eaka. I'm waiting to meet some friends for dinner at an Italian place in Etobicoke, where I'm sure they'll have some good entrees. Not worried...All good.

Today I was carrying two bags filled with boxes of baby food for my great nephew Lucas when I met a nice man enroute to the elevator in the parking garage. Admittedly, the bags were heavy, but I was handling them both (and my big ass purse) quite well. OK, so ladies WE know that there are men in this world we can take. However, for ego preservation, we always let them open the pickle jar...know what I'm sayin'? So, this lovely man saw my heavy load and said "Wow! That looks really heavy. Can I help you?" He was so sweet and, even though I was twice his size, I very delicately said "That would be great, thanx". Now, here's the cool part. He grabbed one of the bags and had to carry it with TWO hands, AND he had to put it down in the elevator. While I realize that it's not very feminine to be able to beat the entire senior male population (including the guards) in my condo building in an arm wrestling match, I felt a tinge of pride knowing that I carried BOTH bags of baby food without a problem. Shout out to Werner for showing no mercy!

Well dudes and babes, I'm signing off. I'm heading to Collingwood for a chick's weekend with some high school friends I haven't seen in ages. After telling her when I'd arrive, Mary emailed me back and said "We'll have the wine ready!" God give me strength.....

Cheers!
yt xox

1 comment:

  1. Great blog YT - love reading about your adventures and quite intrigued by pork chops for breakfast.

    I want Werner to post another picture!

    And thanks for NOT posting a picture of the nose-picker - got enough of those in this housefull of kids already.

    keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete