Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday, Feb 25, 2009

Happy Hump Day, everyone!!

Today was yet ANOTHER good day - can ya stand it?!? I met my friend Kathy for lunch at a great place called "The Apricot Tree", then mosied to the Starbucks next door for tea and some good thinking. I pulled together my "yt get busy list" to determine my plan of action for each of the three areas of my career change. I had to leave after about 1 1/2 hours as I suddenly became overwhelmed with the urge to step on the table and join Frank Sinatra in a rousing rendition of "My Way". I didn't think people would appreciate it, especially "nose picker" in the corner - he may have been distracted from his mission of digging for gold.

OK, moving on....you're welcome!

Food choices were smart, including a pork chop and almonds for breakfast and a seafood salad for lunch. Dinner was chicken and veggies. Saving my grapes for a snack tonight...assuming I'm hungry! Did a workout on the treadmill this afternoon, so burned some calories. All good...

I went into my favourite health food store, Planet Organic, where I saw my favourite cashier, Tracey. She just oozes with happiness and is always so helpful, pointing out upcoming specials and seminars. She told me about the upcoming "Gluten-Free Boot Camp". I don't know about you, but the mere mention of the words "boot camp" makes my eye twitch. A gluten-free boot camp? Seriously? Here's where MY mind goes...

I imagine myself laying on my stomach in a pool of sweat, tears streaming down my cheeks nose-to-nose with a chocolate cupcake. I've failed in my attempt to do "girl" push ups. A very butch woman in fatigues is standing over me yelling "You disgust me. You want the cupcake? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE CUPCAKE!!"

Needless to say I will NOT be attending the Gluten Free Boot Camp at Planet Organic March 23rd!

Just so ya know, the site is now open for comments. Sorry about the confusion, but I didn't realize permission needed to be granted.

Tomorrow I'm back downtown, fighting the suits as I walk to my career seminar at Felix Global. Poor me....tee, hee....

Have a FAB night!
yt xox

1 comment:

  1. Dont do the gluten free boot camp - its one of those fad things like breadmakers - remember when you got your breadmaker? Oops maybe I shouldn't mention bread .. or is it the butter. Now I'm hungry for bread and I don't eat it normally. I'll smoke instead.

    ReplyDelete