Monday, June 8, 2009

It's payback time!

Well, I survived another cheat day yesterday, although "survived" is hardly the correct word. More like, "embraced" another cheat day and am "surviving" the aftermath of it...if ya know what I mean. Yes, THAT'S back in my life...all day...stomach grumbling like a volcano ready to erupt...then the volcanic eruptions, if ya know what I mean.

I know, I know...eeeyyyyuuu..but I give you this description more to teach a lesson than to gross you out. Grossing you out is just a side benefit...tee hee....

So, no doubt you're wondering what I actually had for my cheat day. Here goes...
- started with an omelette in which goat cheese mozzarella was present
- for my drink, TWO Tassimo, French Vanilla lattes...'cuz one just wouldn't be enough...

Then I headed to Burlington for my niece, Keri's, baby shower where I indulged in....
- Karen's potato salad (well worth the indulgence!!)
- a giant, all beef hot dog PLUS a hamburger (no buns, though, celebrate that success!)
- more goat cheese mozzarella since it was in a salad I made
- a BIG piece of key lime pie...made with love, by my niece Lisa.

I got home around 5:30 feeling so full I could barely move. Fortunately, I didn't eat anything for the rest of the day, so all caloric intake was completed by about 3:30. Not that that really means anything because, even if I wanted to shove something into my pie hole, I'm sure my gag reflex would've reacted violently. That's how bad it was. Now I understand why gluttony is one of the deadly sins.

And today I'm paying for it...

OK, so I really need to find a happy medium here...I know you've all heard that before but seriously...it's gotta work out. Tomorrow I meet with The Evil One and I'm gonna talk to him about an alternative plan. I can't binge, and yet I don't want to have to sacrifice all the time...sigh...

Don't 'cha love how I'm changin' my tune now?!? Whatever happened to...

"really, what's the big deal? It's just food" and

"I'm not really sacrificing that much" ... and
"It will be worth the effort"..

I'm a filthy liar, that's what happened!!!

OK, so perhaps I'm getting a tad carried away. I think it's the sugar crash I've been experiencing all day. BTW, is it normal for your toes to twitch after consuming large volumes of sugar?!? Enough drama....you're welcome!

So, I got a wonderful email from my friend, Tammy. If you recall, Tammy is one of the FAB women I met when I was in Cuba. Tammy, apparently, reads my blog (thanx Tammy!) and is on her own personal weight loss journey as well. She's lost ALOT of weight to date, and is feeling "stalled" like myself. I think it's natural for us to feel these psychological road blocks to achieving our goals, especially because we've been working at it for so long. The question is...for how long do we wait before we can get refocused?!? and what do we need to do to get our mojo back?

I know it's different for everyone, but man! I'm not feeling very patient right now. So, what do I have to do to try and pull myself back on track? I guess I can start by looking at the positive stuff that is surrounding me. For example....

- I saw my sister, Kathy, yesterday who has lost 60 lbs. ... AMAZING work. She still eats everything and doesn't exercise, her secret is portion control.
- My sister, Karen, is back on track going to her swimming classes again. Her energy level is up again.
- My brother John, is down more than 20 lbs. and only 16 lbs. from his goal weight.
- even with lots of change and chaos in her life, Tammy managed to email me with some amazing words of encouragement - how selfless is that!

I spoke to my brother John last night and I am really looking forward to my trip to Phoenix at the end of the month. He's organizing some hikes for us and will be getting me a pass to his gym, so I can work out. Heck! He even offered to take me into the gym with him when he goes at 5:00 in the morning - isn't he thoughtful?!? I love that he's really focused and disciplined on eating better. I know that will motivate me to eat well when I'm out there, too.

People, we all go through struggles, don't we? I guess the key, for me, is to remember I don't have to go through them alone...

Feeling slightly better because I'm ignorning Mt. Vesuvius in my belly....
(a) yt xox

1 comment:

  1. Two words to help keep you motivated YT -

    Summers Coming

    That's what works for me

    :)

    ReplyDelete