Saturday, June 13, 2009

what happened to the week?!?

Wow! I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last typed...where did it go?!?

Well, I've had a few adventures this week, including throwing my back out Monday...again! And get this. I threw it out simply by turning over in my bed...not very exciting! So, off I go to LPS Tuesday where The Evil One exchanges my workout with a session of muscle release therapy. Sounds very technical, but basically, he digs his thumbs into various muscles and stretches my body parts. The muscles "pop" just like when you're getting a massage. The only difference is you're in so much pain that you really can't enjoy the process.

Poor Werner...seriously. We reached a new level of intimacy this week. First of all, I was sweating so badly that he had to use my t-shirt to give him traction on my skin for stretching me. I ended up with "shirt burn" on my shoulder and had this big ass red mark for a couple of days. Then he went to working on my back muscles...which were somehow attached to my left butt cheek. So, imagine if you will, me laid out on my right side...Evil One standing behind me with his thumb pressed HARD (like he's diggin' to China) against my almost bare left bum cheek. Clearly, he had WAY too much information about me at that point. It was quite a stressful time for me. I was stressed over the amount of sweating I was doing (like I always am) ... over Evil One having to grip said sweaty skin ... over the excruciating pain ... over evil trainer seeing and touching my partially naked bum cheek ... over whether or not someone else was going to walk back just in time to see the scene where Werner, thumb on my partially exposed bum, is bending my leg toward my head as I'm grunting, breathing and laughing. Thankfully, no one else had to endure the scene, but can you imagine walking into that vision?!? Yikes! Years of therapy wouldn't be able to wipe that from memory.

After all the stress, my back and neck felt ALOT better. When Evil One asked me how I felt, I replied "Strangely, like I need a cigarette." Fortunately, he saw the humour and laughed.

The rest of the week was filled with lots of lunches, dinners and coffees to catch up with good friends. Except for some minor binging with Mary Thursday night, eating was well in control. I've decided to lighten up about "cheating" and to figure out what I'm going to be able to sustain. I settled on the Caveman Diet, adding fruit (limited to 2/day) and goat milk stuff (limited to 1/day) into the mix. I'm hoping that will be better than tight restriction and a cheat day.

Well, I'm off to Windsor to celebrate the surprise 60th birthday of my sister, Kathy. We think she knows about it. It's not very easy to keep things a surprise in this family.

Shout out to Kim Baker. She's one of the trainers Evil One told us about. I met her at a Landmark event Tuesday night. I didn't realize she was reading my blog. It freaked me out initially, not sure why, but I'm over it...welcome Kim!!

OK poppits. Off for my long drive...oie!!
TTFN!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment