Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday's aren't so bad!

Not when it's a gorgeous, sunny day and you're lucky enough to be doing something you love. That was my day today!

I started my course at Adler and met some interesting people and did some great work. I really feel good about this career choice, so I'm getting right into the course. It's easy as the content and the instructors are great. The other thing that's great about being on course, is the fact that I don't have access to alot of food! So, I had a good food day...

... which was offset by the really bad food day I had Saturday... oie!

Remember that I was heading to Windsor for my sister Kathy's 60th bday party? Well, I did. The dinner itself, although lots of food, was restrained and healthy. Thanx to sister Karen and niece Sandra for creating healthy choices! I did, however, fall down in a BIG way, by eating a gzillion pieces of my cousin Betty's baklava. I should mention that Betty makes THE BEST baklava I've ever tasted...and I'm not the only one who believes this, for the record. I'm not making excuses for myself, I'm just sayin' that I blew it with something that was worth blowing it for. 'nuf said...

I went for a walk with my cousin Sandra and friend Joanne tonight. We walked 7 KM and did it in about 45 minutes. We were bookin' it, I have to say. Sandra & I went for a walk a couple of weeks ago and tonight made me realize she took pity on me before. Tonight, she showed no mercy and kept us at a pace worthy of Lorry! Well done to Sandra, who managed to stay ahead of both Joanne & I. It was a good way to end a day of being stationary, and a weekend of indulgence!

Well, I'm off to bed. Goodness knows I need my beauty sleep! Up early for class...yeah!!!

BTW, stepping on the scale this morning showed me dropping 1.5 lbs. from last week. It's good, but I have a feeling the baklava bulge has not caught up to me yet...sigh...

G'night & sweet dreams, poppits!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment