Wednesday, June 17, 2009

When it feels right...

it's right!!

I am sooooo lovin' the Foundations of Coaching course I'm taking. The people are GREAT and trust was established very quickly. It's an amazing journey of self-awareness and "delearning"! It's quite an eye opener. I feel pretty good about the skills I'm learning and the practice I'm getting. I'm also getting some positive feedback, so all is good.

One of the guys who is in the class talked about his personal experience around his own "journey to good health", which included climbing a 10,000 ft mountain in Alberta and losing 50 lbs. He said he attributed his success to just "letting go". It meant shifting his focus away from food and onto something else. Of course, I accosted him over the break and we had a good chat about our successes. It was really good for me to talk with him. It made me think about the next round of my journey.

Lately, I've been feeling in a rut...again! I know, "get over it"! Talking with "the guy" in the class was really helpful as it made me think about just chillaxin' over my approach to the journey. I've been used to the concept of "cheating" when I eat something I'm not "supposed" to eat. "The guy" said the best thing he ever did was to just stop worrying about what he can't have and have it all - with good portion control. He said the 50 lbs just "fell off". I thought that was cool. It's like he gave himself permission to enjoy the food in moderation. Neat concept!

Soooo...he got me thinking about where my approach is flawed. I think I need to take a good look at what I'm eating (i.e. content & portion size) and just enjoy! Not worry about what I put in my mouth and stay focused on the exercise. I also think I need a real partner in this journey. Someone other than The Evil One...someone to hold me accountable and who can relate to what I'm going through. Basically, someone who is in the same mindset as myself - needs AND WANTS to lose weight. Someone with roughly the same amount of weight I want to lose. I'm going to find that someone and together we will kick some fat bootay! Any volunteers?!?!

Well, it's getting late and I need my beauty rest. Tomorrow we talk about "the business of coaching". This should be cool!

Take care, poppits!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment