Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Although "Consistency" isn't my middle name...

"Avoidance" certainly could be! That would be what I'm doing by typing this blog instead of doing some school reading...sigh...

It's a Wednesday...at 11:00 pm ... and I've decided to take a stand. No more random-do-it-when-I-feel-like-it posts...nuh-uh....no siree bub...not for me! My friend Emmanuel (aka Motivator Man) has committed to updating his blog every Sunday and Wednesday with his Motivator Man tips. Well, I've decided I should commit to twice/week too. So, I've chosen the same days as Emmanuel to update my blog? Why?!? Because getting the Motivator Man email will trigger me to update my blog...clever, isn't it?!? Or, maybe just lazy...WHAT-EVER!!

I'm continuing my high with life and I'm happy to report it is neither caffeine nor sugar induced. Au contraire, mes amies. I've been following my diet very well since last I typed. I still have the temptations to buy treats but have resisted. And yes, random cookie boxes and ice cream bars call my name, BUT I RESIST!!! AND, I've exercised twice this week and heading to my third LPS workout tomorrow....all's good on that front, so yeah for me!

I should mention, since I'm on the topic of "workouts", there was a really kinda cheesy guy working out today. He started by winking at me as he hopped onto the bike beside me. Then he had the NERVE to yell at me "harder, harder" as I was pulling the (insert expletive here) sled along the floor. Can you believe it?!? If I wasn't struggling to breathe and not pass out, I would've given him a dirty look. Well, at least I did in my mind anyway!! Who did he think he was?!? I took satisfaction in seeing him grunt, sweat and almost pass out as Clance guided him through his torture/workout. I'm hoping Clance worked him extra hard for minding my business...that'll teach him....heh, heh, heh...Oh my...can you say "vindictive" boys & girls?!?

My training with The Evil One has been modified. I think I mentioned that we now do all legs, then all arms (vs. one leg, one arm; another leg, another arm). This is so much harder for me. I really liked the break the legs got by going to the arm exercises. However, according to Werner, it is SUPPOSED to be harder...duh! And the "good news" is that I've reached a point of strength where I can tolerate it. Oh goodee. I know it's all good for me and my progress is positive and yada-yada...but...owee...my bum hurts....and my legs...and my arms...

OK, The Ambassador of Positivity is back....the coaching stuff is just FAB-U-LUSS!! I met a new client today who is just an absolute delight! I'm really looking forward to working with her as I think we will work well together. AND, I had my first peer coaching session with one of my Adler buddies. To be honest, I was a bit intimidated by him - he's smart and confidant and a really good coach - so I was wondering just what the heck I could do for him. Wellllllll, I'm thinkin' it's gonna be good! I decided to tell my inner critic to "shut the HECK up!!!" and approached the conversation with a curiousity (to get to know him better), excitement (about stepping up my coaching game) and a chilliaxed frame of mind! After all, he puts his pants on one leg at a time, too! Anyway, I think it's gonna be just fine for both of us, so I'm looking forward to our next session!

I'm really looking forward to my third week of class next week. It's the week where, according to the notes, "Everything gets pulled together". That'll be cool! Plus, beginning my practicum will also be good. I have our first practicum call tomorrow...after I meet with Motivator Man for coffee. We're off to the Starbucks at the BCE where we get our fill of caffeine & business suits! It's a lively location (the busiest one in Canada) and the energy is just buzzing!

Well, it's time for this one to get her beauty sleep! Don't forget to take your leap, poppits!!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment