Sunday, September 13, 2009

I've got stars on my mind...

Hi everyone! Well, we've had some glorious weather these past few days and I'd like to think it's to impress the stars and papparazzi whipping around our fair city this week. You see, it's that time of year again...no, not back to school (even though I do have class next week)....not fall...no, it's The Toronto International Film Festival, or "TIFF" if you're in the know!

For those of you who have known me for some time, you know that this is one of my most favourite times of the year - second only to the Christmas season. I admit that I get into the glitz and glam of all the stars (see my Facebook for pics from last year) and the good movies. I have been pretty lucky, seeing alot of really great movies and many fun stars (remind me to tell you of how I met my old boyfriend, Johnny Depp). This is my 11th year attending TIFF and I've only see a handful of really crappy movies, including one with Hugh Jackman. I don't really count that as too bad because Hugh is just good eye candy so a really bad plot can be overlooked when you're staring at his naked chest.

I bought a Globetrotter's pass again this year, which means I get to see 7 flicks in locations around the city. I went with Sandra, Joanne and Deborah Friday night to see our first film. It was GREAT! An Irish/UK film starring Cillian Murphy (from Red Eye where he was creepy), Jim Broadbent (Bridget Jones' dad & Slughorn in Harry Potter #6) and Brendan Gleeson (Mad Eye Moody in Harry Potter). It was funny, edgy, riveting with a really good plot and good acting. We all gave it a high on our rating scale! At the end of the movie, Ian (director), Cillian and Brendan (we're on a first name basis now) stayed after and did a little Q&A. It was all very nice and I was glad I got a chance to see it. Tonight, I'm off to see a German movie with David Kross, the young guy in The Reader. It looks like a romantic-ish drama. Anyway, it should be interesting!

The eating has been much better for me. Although I still have cravings, I've been able to dodge several food bullets, including resisting some yummy looking desserts at Marg's baby shower today. Oie! That was a difficult one. It was carbs central, so I ended up eating two helpings of the salad, carrots & celery with a spinach dip and cheese. Not the best of choices, but much better than the 12 desserts I wanted to inhale....or the yummy looking wraps...or the awesome looking sandwiches on croissants and foccachia...see my hell?!?

Yesterday I went to Stratford with Lorry & Dianne, in honour of Dianne's birthday. We went to Rheo Tompson...AMAZING mint smoothie chocolates ... and Rocky Mountain. Both were candy heaven for me and I wanted to eat everything in the store....I'm talkin' "EVERYTHING". I did break down and have a sampler mint smoothie and piece of fudge, but I'm proud of myself for resisting everything else I wanted to buy! It's sad, but "The Rationalizer" is back...ya know, the voice inside my head that can justify eating ANYTHING?!? Well, I don't like it. I understand I have alot of making up for the sins of the Alaskan cruise, so I must go through this torment again. Yeesh...all a good lesson. And to think that the food on the cruise wasn't really all that worth it! Now, if I was pigging out on Stone Cold Creamery ice cream everyday for 2 weeks, I'd at least be facing The Rationalizer with a smile on my face. But noooooooooooo.....

Well, tomorrow is the third and final week of class for my course. It's bitter sweet for me. On the one hand, it shows great progress towards the end of this journey. On the flip side, however, is that it will be the last classroom experience I will have at Adler. Which is a bit of a bummer 'cuz I like that environment. It just means I'm going to have to make sure I keep good tabs & in touch with the Adler peeps I've made, like Maggie, Victoria, Josie, Marc, Michael, Shauna & Svetlana.

Well poppits, it's time to sign off and get ready for TIFF. My boyfriend-but-he-doesn't-know-it-yet George Clooney is in town, so I need to pretty up!

See you Wednesday!!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment