Sunday, September 27, 2009

Productivity: It's not all that's it's cracked up to be

It's 4:24 and the most productive thing I've done is recharge my iPhone battery....and I'm ok with that!

I'm still fighting my cold with a sore throat that won't go away. Today we've added itchy eyes, a cough and more sniffles. I know, it's just a cold so I'll stop being such a whiner. The thing that's bothering me the most is the fatigue! I've been a couch potato today, watching videos and eating as if I were at my goal weight! So, once again, I seem to have lost all self-control. I'm trying not to get annoyed with myself, but I now realize I must do something drastic in order to regain my will power. I think I have the idea, too.

OK, so this is going to be my wackiest adventure of all. Many of you will think I'm going to an extreme and some of you will want to have me put into a rubber room in a straight jacket, but hear me out....

So, in my last workout with The Evil One, he asked me how my eating was going and, once again, I was unable to answer that I was back on track. It seems like it's the story of my life lately. He made a suggestion that I thought was...well...psychotic. At first, I fought it tooth and nail, but as I was being tortured in the workout the idea started to grow on me ... like a bad fungus ... or a ingrown toenail. So I started to ask questions, still unconvinced, but I could feel my mind opening up a bit. Now, I guess I'm in full & total acceptance of the idea since I'm about to share with you my latest dietary expedition....ready?

Drumroll, please....

Starting Oct. 1st, I will eat NOTHING BUT organic chicken and organic brown rice for 21 days. I know what you're thinking ... "she's finally lost it." ... "the lack of carbs has consumed her sanity"...I hear ya...and feel ya. But let's just take a moment to think about this....

PROS:
- it's only for 21 days
- I'm told I will shed "a TON" of weight and fat
- it's only for 21 days
- when I finish the end of this 21 days, I will have reclaimed my self-control
- really, it's only 21 days!

CONS:
- I will be clucking by the end of the 21 days
- it's THREE WEEKS, for the love of God!
- I get to eat carbs...even if it is only brown rice
- I'll become more creative in how I cook chicken

I won't get scurvy from not eating vegetables in 21 days (believe me, I checked). I just need to eat my multi-vitamins.

Doesn't this sound exciting?!? I'm thinking the timing is good because I'll have been on this for 9 days before the Thanksgiving weekend, so I'll be in my "zone" and disciplined. And it ends just before I head to Phoenix for a glorious Lebanese dinner cooked by Mona ... a great reward!

I'm kinda keen on this and, almost excited. I really do need a jump start again and I think this the way to go...challenging, but at the end of it, extremely rewarding!

Allrighteythen....on that note...until Wednesday, my poppits, eat well!! BTW, if anyone wants to join me in this adventure, feel free to let me know!!
(a) yt xox

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yvonne,

    Great blog post and very interesting diet!

    I commend you for going on a strict diet to reset your body and rid yourself of food cravings. I know you'll succeed!

    It does work, I've tried other cleansing diets (mainly fruits, veggies, nuts & seeds) and have found they DO work. And you're right, 3 weeks is very doable. :)

    You're most likely tackling your pursuits with a vengenance but if you or your readers would like some tips to control cravings (of any kind), here's an article you may find useful: http://www.livelighter.org/the-cure-to-emotional-eating-and-other-addictions/

    Will you be sharing any of your chicken recipes with us? :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete