Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sniffles...a sore throat ... fatigue ... a fever...

all that equals a big, "uh-oh" for me. I'm down with a cold...dang! I'm fighting it and find myself sleeping alot, so I guess it's all good but I really hate being sick. Poor me, eh?!? So, I'll stop whining now. You may want to NOT see me in person for the next few days, if you don't want to be sick....

For some reason, I've been thinking about my dad alot lately. Sunday night I was having a series of really bad dreams ... like CSI or Criminal Minds kinda dreams...it wasn't fun. I kept waking myself up just to stop the drama that were my dreams! The last one I remember was of a memory of when I was 5 and vomited. At that age, getting sick was not fun and quite scary, so I remember crying after I'd puked outside the bathroom (that's right! Didn't even make it to the toilet - not sure who had to clean that up!!). Anyway, my dad scooped me up and brought me to the recliner where he cuddled me and sang "Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ra" a la Bing Crosby. I just remembered feeling completely peaceful, safe and calm while cocooned in my dad's lap. That was the memory I finally fell asleep to Sunday night. It was a great feeling.

Yesterday, I was standing on the GO Train platform and noticed a bunch of squirrels hanging out in a tree. It was like the party tree for squirrels...they were coming and going like crazy. At one point, I counted 6 squirrels in this tree and I couldn't figure out what was going on. Then I saw a squirrel come away from the tree with three nuts in its mouth and I realized it wasn't the party tree but rather the food bank for squirrels! I was reminded of my dad again. I was in high school and he was into telling me corny jokes. I remember sitting at the dining room table at dinner with my mom, dad and brother, Chuck. The conversation went as follows:

Dad: Yvonne, they're looking for you.
me: Who?
Dad: The squirrels. They're gathering nuts!!

Cut to dad laughing like crazy with a twinkle in his eye...and mom smirking and looking at dad shaking her head, yet a little proud...Chuck groaning yet smiling that his dad made a funny...and me rolling my obnoxious teenage eyes feeling like "what EVER, dad"...

Interestingly enough, that memory roused by watching squirrels in a tree, triggered thoughts about three people once in my life who are now gone. I'm not sure what this means, but it's kinda peaceful for me. I'm feeling like I'm being watched and protected.

Well, except for my workout yesterday....

Clearly none of these "protectors" were with me as The Evil One was torturing me with my toughest workout ever. Yeesh! There was no mercy and it didn't stop. At one point, my heart was pounding so much I thought it was going to come out of my chest and just fall onto the sled I was pulling. I did the legs first, toggling between the leg press and this other torture machine. In between, I pulled the (insert expletive here) sled. That's when I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. THEN we went to the arms...yippee! At the end of the arms, I was doing that STUPID (more expletives) plank exercise where I had to hold myself straight balancing on my arms and toes. By the end of the plank, my whole body was shaking and I could barely lift myself up from the mat. And sweaty?!? Oie!!!

So, what's the lesson here? It's good for me and I need to do the work, so I should just SUCK IT UP!!! But at least I can whine about it, right? Thanx for letting me vent...

OK, I need to go to sleep now. I hope this makes sense. Who knows what my infected mind has been typing...

Can you say "Drama Queen" boys & girls?!?

G'night poppits! Wash those hands....
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment