Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm lifing with the big guns again!

Yup. The work out with Evil One today was back to leg presses and bench presses and pull downs with the really-weird-hard-to-grip-handle-thingy...we'll see how it goes! Tomorrow will be the tell tale impact on back and/or knees. So far, so good, though, so I think that's promising! To be truthful, I am glad to be back doing something other than that friggin' sled or sand bag! It gets to be pretty boring...hard, but boring!

So, I'm sure you're all DYING to know how my cheat meal went. Remember, I had a strategy to maximize the caloric value and taste of this meal?!? Remember, I wasn't going to waste valuable stomach space with things like protein and bread?!? Remember how excited I was about this meal?!?

IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!

Evil One canceled on me...30 minutes before we were supposed to eat! He sent me this email that said "don't kill me"...who was he trying to kid?!? I went to bed hungry Tuesday night, so you can imagine my hunger level by 1:00 in the afternoon the next day! Quite frankly, even if I wanted to kill Werner-the-evil-BASTARD-trainer, I could not have mustered the strength to do it. Needless to say I was disappointed...I was all about the appetizers & desserts. However, you will be happy to note that I did celebrate by sharing a truly decadent piece of chocolate cake. I was so wired with the sugar that I was talking really-really-really-REALLY-fast after dinner, barely able to catch my breath! It was quite insightful. BTW, shout out to Janet for taking one for me! While I wanted my own extremely decadent dessert, she's the one who showed reason by suggesting we share. I said "oh...uh...sure, we can share". Clearly my disappointment was not lost on Janet because she quickly replied with "unless you want your own dessert"....I really did, but then was snapped back into reality. Honestly, did I really NEED a full dessert?!?

So now I have to look forward to my cheat "day" this Sunday, my birthday! I'm going to have a piece of birthday cake and a chai tea latte (or two!) and some goat cheese yogurt with berries, almonds & maybe a little granola thrown into it. I think that's all I will eat for the entire day...just a big ass tub of yogurt, a wackload of berries and granola. I'm going to try and avoid protein and veggies if I can help it. I feel no pressure as I know that, if I miss something Sunday, I will get to eat it in another 14 days. Ah, the empowerment of it all....:)

Today was a FAB-U-LUSS day in Toronto. Everyone was out, including the tourists and nutbars! I sat on the patio of a Starbucks and in a 5 minute span, had 2 "homeless" people ask me for change and one woman stare at me while waving her hands around her head (like she was shooing flies away), screaming loudly at the woman who accidently brushed her when she walked by. Beautiful! Coffee and a show all at once - you just don't get that action in a small town!

I was talking to my friend, Kelly, tonight. You will recall that I reunited with Kelly & Mary in Collingwood in the winter. Kelly has lost over 70 lbs. She's in a bit of a rut, one step ahead of going down that emotional eating vortex of doom. It was good for us to chat as we both realized we have alot in common. So, Kelly is 27 lbs. shy of her "dream goal" and 2 lbs. shy of crossing a HUGE milestone. It's time for her to see more success. Soooooo, we each set a goal for ourselves:

- Kelly will have one week without eating "crap"
- I will maintain some semblance of control and reasonability on my "cheat day"; I would also like to throw in my added bonus of sticking to the modified Caveman Diet and my 9-hour eating window (remember how that was a problem for me?!?)

We will update each other in a week's time. GO, KELLY, GO!!! Feel free to show Kelly your support by commenting on the blog. Anybody else wanna set some short-term goals with us?!? Come on...I double dare ya!!!

It's close to 11:00 and I'm pretty bagged. I think it was the increased exercise...or maybe it's taken me this long to come off of the sugar high from last night's cake!!

Have a good night, dudes & babes! May your personal journey be filled with good surprises and lotsa fun!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment