Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Nothin' but blue...

I'm staring outside my window, checking out the sky and seeing not a cloud out there...ahhh...

You're probably shocked that I'm typing AGAIN! You're probably wondering what glorious, wondrous thing happened to warrant a second entry within two days. OK, so I saw Angels & Demons again, hence the melodramatic language of "glorious" & "wondrous". Well, wait no more as I will end your curiosity now....

So, last night, Deborah and I went out for dinner after the show (ordered a Cobb Salad, no cheese, extra turkey, dressing on the side..nothin' but net!). As always, the conversation was very good. We started talking about our obsession about talking about food. I sure am guilty of this, especially with my focus on good eating. I think it's fairly "normal" to think about your next meal, but is it normal to think of nothing else?!? I find, when I get around people who think like that, I become obsessed with the very thing that is my weakness. Seriously, I just wanna be able to NOT think about food! Not have it rule my life. Not have it cause me feelings of guilt..or ecstasy...or any kind of angst at all! My goal is to not think about food. I know there are people who actually live like this. I have many friends who don't actually get excited about grilled vegetables or plan road trips based upon restaurant locations...like me! They actually talk about, I don't know, sports...their job...movies... and not which theatre has the best popcorn.

Then the topic moved from my obsession to talking about food to my obsession about my "free" days or "free" meal that is coming up this week. OK, so I'm sorta contradicting what I said in the above paragraph, but hear me out! I had a revelation last night. I don't actually HAVE to go crazy when I have my free meal Wednesday, because I get to have a free day on Sunday. And I don't have to go crazy on Sunday because, in two weeks, I'll have another free day...and so on! I let my seldom-used logical side of the brain have free reign for a bit last night and got to thinking about the "consequences" of a free day or free meal and do I want to really go crazy? (All the while I had to keep shutting down my emotional side that kept interjecting with thoughts of "yes, let them eat cake"; "you can have a whole day of nothing but peanut butter!"; "buy bulk and save money"; "I wonder how peanut butter cake would taste and can you buy it in bulk?!?").

So, I started thinking about what would really give me pleasure at my free meals or on my free days and it really is the fact that, if I want it, I can have it. It's quite liberating! And now I know that, if I don't have it Sunday (the 24th, my birthday!), I can always have it in two weeks. Really, it's best to pace myself...

I know I haven't solved world peace or even peace within my disastrous apartment (oie!), but I feel pretty darn good about those revelations. Patience, even with food, is all good....

Have a FAB-U-LUSS day, people! Shout out to returning travelers Tony & Carol, back from a wonderful trip to France!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment