Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday, May 7th 2009

Greetings & salutations! It's Thursday evening and I feel like bloggin'...who's with me?!?

I'm happy to report all flu-like symptoms (if ya know what I mean) are gone and I'm feeling back to my normal self, although a tich tired from popping awake at 3:14 this morning and not going back to sleep - annoying, to say the least.

Yesterday (Wednesday) was a pretty good day. I met Mike for lunch and he got me all pumped up about my "new" bike. So I took it for a spin after lunch, and discovered it needed some tuning up and, of course, accessories!!! So, the bike spent the rest of the afternoon in the shop, while I napped on my couch. Poor me. I did, however, pick it up and take it for a spin in the evening. I rode to Holly's house, then back home. All in all, I rode for about 20 minutes, but it was just to see if I could actually ride it without falling and/or making an ass of myself - mission accomplished! So, I'm looking forward to taking it out for a nice ride along the lake shore this weekend. Here's hoping the weather holds up...

Today I went into the city and did a work out at LPS. Ouch...really. That (insert expletive here) sandbag kept falling all over, so I could really feel the strain in my upper body just to hold the thing. It was quite annoying and I was especially ticked off when a bunch of sand came out of the bag onto my neck & chestal areas....the neck & chestal areas covered in sweat and already hot from exertion...get the picture?!? It was a groady shower, indeed...

When I came home tonight, I rode up in the elevator with the guy who carried one of the baby food bags. Remember him? Well, he'd just come from working out, so I got a chance to see what he really looked like. Honestly, I don't know how he managed to carry the bag of baby food. This guy could fit his entire body into ONE of my pant legs...seriously...he's that small. Oh sure, he has a couple of wicked tatts, but really, he was itty-bitty...bless his wee heart! Thank goodness I wasn't carrying anything heavy 'cuz he looked pretty bagged from his workout. Chivalry is not dead, people, it just happens to live in older, skinny men!

Tomorrow I'm back down to LPS to fight with the sandbag again. It's a bit disappointing as I really don't like to venture into the city on a Friday. However, I did miss Monday's session and I signed that friggin' "contract" with The Evil One, so I have no choice. Although Vincent had a good suggestion to tell him "buzz off I'm riding my bike instead". That Vincent is so good with words!

Well, time to go to bed. I'm struggling with staying awake.

TGIF, baby, TGIF!!!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment