Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday, May 6th, 2009

I know what you're thinking.."has it been a week already?!?" Well, no, weisenheimer. I'm just feelin' like I wanna share some good news.

OK, thanx to a bug that's been attacking me, causing all food I eat to go through me like a tornado, I'm down 5 lbs...5.5 lbs according to the LPS scale. I'm semi-excited about this number ONLY because I'm not sure it's gonna last - ya know, once the bug goes away. After 2 days of ... um ... elimination ... I'm starting to see some...er...calming. I know, it's a disgusting thought, but at least I'm delicate in my language! So, I figure if I eat responsibly and continue with the exercising, I will show a decrease in weight next week. We'll see by how much. In the meantime, I'm riding the skinny wave, baby!! This loss puts me....

- into a lower decade on the scale
- 17 lbs. from my latest goal
- down a total of ... are ya ready?!? ... 47.5 lbs....WAHOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm motivated, people, totally motivated!!

I haven't really been challenged by any food. It's funny how the thought of going to the bathroom AGAIN, curbs any potential food cravings. I did, however, have an incident yesterday. Lemme tell you about it...

I was walking from Union Station to the gym, heading north on Bay Street. Somewhere between Wellington & King streets, a gooey, chocolate ice cream waffle cone came into my line of vision. I watched that cone for at least two blocks...watched it as it was held suspended in mid-air...then as it rose to a faceless mouth...back to mid-air...back up to the mouth...and so on...you get the picture. The woman eating said cone-of-wonder, was a "biter", which decreased my respect for her. "Lickers" like myself, respect the cone. We appreciate ice cream by savouring it with every lick...stretching out the experience for as long as we can. That's why watching a "biter" is, well frankly, disgusting. It's hard to understand how a biter can devour the ice cream & cone so quickly. Oh sure, lickers' tongues get frozen, especially if we've ordered a triple scoop. But that's a small price to pay to show your appreciation & respect for the cone...and a triple scoop with Rocky Road, Heavenly Hash & Chocolate Mint DESERVES respect.

So, clearly the disgust was evident on my face. I know this because, at one point (at the light on Bay & Richmond), I actually looked up at the biter, only to discover she was looking back at me. It was pretty clear, by the look of terror on her face, that she felt I was off my rocker. Given her fear and the fact that she moved two steps away from me, I didn't feel it was an appropriate time to lecture her on the appropriate technique to appreciate her ice cream cone. Besides, the light turned green and I had to part ways with her to go down Richmond to the gym. ANYWAY, what was important here, my brothers & sisters, is not that I had a craving for an ooey-gooey ice cream waffle cone. What was REALLY important is that I was more focused on the TECHNIQUE...that's progress, right?!? And, that I didn't have the urge to push Biter into traffic and steal her cone...good for me, right?!?

Damn! Now I just want to eat a barrel of Heavenly Hash ice cream...sigh...

On that note, have a good day! It's gorgeous out there!!
(a)yt xox

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cous... I'm having fun reading, but I think You need to change your goal under your name at the top!! Way to go by the way!

    ReplyDelete