Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday, Monday...

Anybody remember that song?!?

Well heidi ho, people! Long time, no write eh? As you can see the heading of my blog has been updated to reflect my new goals...thanx to cousin Angie baby for the reminder and to Evil One for updating!

Well, it's about 4:00 Monday afternoon and I am sitting in the gym after a self-directed workout. This time I got to lift the @!)#$*%^^! sandbag TEN times as I walked one way across the gym floor. yes, you read that correctly, TEN drops one-way. Oh, I had so much fun..really! I could only do 6 reps, but I was quite glad I did 6. They were really hard! Anyway, despite breaking 2 nails on my right hand (including bending back one of those nails to the point where I now have a bruise and significant pain) I have survived. Gloria Gaynor should sing about THAT!

It was an interesting weekend. I'm sure I'm still battling the flu, this time with the added fun of stomach cramps...lovely, isn't it?!? Did that stop me from going out for dinner and to a concert Saturday night? No way, baby! I went out with Vincent and cousin Sandra where we had dinner at an Italian restaurant and then went to the Glenn Gould Studio for an AMAZING concert of three, young Russian musicians..or should I say "ROCK STARS"!! The pianist was 17; the violinist was 18 and the clarinetist (?) was 18. The audience was full of young adults who expressed their support with a few whoops and cheers! It was nice to see and they were amazingly talented.

After the concert, I went home and still had bad stomach cramps. Since I'd had them since Friday night, my over-active imagination went to the dark side, assuming I was ridden with cancer and the stomach cramps were the final stages of some wild ass cancer that creeps up on you and overtakes your body. It didn't help that I'd been watching Season One of Gray's Anatomy, I'm sure. So, I contacted the toll-free nurse's hotline to see if I was being melodramatic or if, indeed, I was in stage 4 of a rare cancer. I REALLY wanted the nurse to laugh at me, tell me I had the flu and to verbally abuse me for wasting her time. So, you can imagine my surprise when she said that I should see a doctor within the next 4 hours or run the risk of "something more serious" developing. OK, it was the "more" serious that got me. I mean, what did she mean by "more"? Was what I had serious already? and a serious WHAT?!?

Well, with the stomach pain increasing by the milisecond (after all, it could now be MORE serious), I contacted my sister, Lorry, to see if she'd drop me at the nearest hospital. It would also be good to be close to family in my dying hours, anyway. So, trooper Lorry picked my up and dropped me at the hospital emergency room. After seeing every one of the hospital staff - nurses, doctors, security, cleaners - wearing a mask, I decided to let her off the hook by suggesting that she go home and I call her when I'm ready to go. Since I was already dying of cancer, I thought I'd spare her the trials and tribulations of the swine flu. I mean, who knows how many of those people had come into contact, either directly or indirectly, with someone from Mexico?!? For those of you who know my sister, Lorry, you know she would've been HAPPY with that suggestion and wouldn't let the proverbial door hit her on the ass on the way out!

ANYWAY, after waiting 4 hours (11:30 pm to 3:30 am) I left the emergency room feeling like a total BONEHEAD. Apparently, I did NOT have cancer. And according to the doctor, I didn't really even need to come in! Here's a little tip, people, if the nurse on the 1-800-ima-fake hotline tells you to see a doctor within 4 hours, use your discretion. AND, btw, assume that discretion is not objective if you've been watching Grey's Anatomy, House, or any of the CSI shows...seriously.

On a more positive note, I finished up my 21 days of my modified Caveman Diet Saturday and start the next wave of my food adventure. So, I am still owed my "cheat meal", which we've set up as a lunch on May 20th. BUT my new eating pattern is as follows:
- no sugar, grains, dairy or fruit for 14 days
- 1 full cheat DAY!
- no sugar, grains, dariy, or fruit for 14 days
- 1 cheat day
...see the pattern....

This is pretty cool as I get a WHOLE DAY to enjoy lattes...and chocolate ... and fruit...and chocolate... and yogurt...and chocolate...YEAH! And, by the way, my first cheat day falls on the 24th of this month... my birthday! How cool is that?!?

Well, I'm off to meet Henry for dinner and a coaching session. I hope you were able to enjoy this FAB weather!

Cheers, poppits!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment