Friday, May 29, 2009

Post-workout pain disorder

That's what I'm suffering from today. Admittedly, it's not as bad as I've had it in the past...and different parts of my body hurt, but I'm still in pain none-the-less. Yesterday's workout with The Evil One was pretty tough. Now, here's the scary part. For me, I felt a combination of fear, pain &, are you sitting down, exhilaration. There, I said it. I think I'm getting the "high" people get whenever they work out really hard. I remember my friends, Karen & Krista, talking about it - like there was nothing better in this world than to get their assess kicked by a personal trainer. I remember thinking they had been abducted by aliens and were under some kind of mind control thing. But alas! I know now about what they spoke!!

I started with my usual 10 minutes on the bike. I was huffing, but the bike & I have had worse battles. Then I did my warm ups - the leg press (been there, done that), the pull down (again, no biggie). THEN, we went to this contraption that I'd seen other people on...I stand on it, face down. The padding hits my thighs, knees below the padding and then...nothing! I cross my arms, bend in half and raise my body up to full length. Can you get the picture? If not, allow me...

Me, boobs exposed at the front because the top is too big and stuck under my body... my torso flying through the air, arms crossed across my chest... stray curls flapping in the wind as I swing up and down... breathing like I'm in labour... and grunting (yes, GRUNTING!) like a caveman trying to woo his woman.

And I wonder why I'm still single?!? OK, so I'm swinging on this thing, and I can feel the muscles in my legs, bum & stomach just GRINDING. It always looked so much easier when the other guys do it. Heck! They carry a weight in their arms while they're swinging, but oie! By the end of my 4 sets, I couldn't walk. For one brief moment, just after my 4th set, I understood what it was like to have a tight ass. Of course, mine was from a muscle spasm...

The last, new exercise I did was an actual bench bress...with a bar. No more of those girlie weights for me! According to evil-trainer-Werner, I "blew away" the free weights...uh, let's see, I was lifting 22.5 lbs. and they go as high as 100 lbs. "Blew away", yeah.....anyway, this is another thing I've watched the guys do. Except they have weights on the bar or, sometimes, big, ass chains on the bar. But, everyone has to start somewhere, so I was lifting the bar that weighed 45 lbs. Once again, I was reminded of my lack of coordination as I lifted the bar in such an awkward way...hitting the machine a few times, tilting off to the left...or the right...into Werner's knee... whatever! I must admit, though, that I really liked the challenge it brought.

Although completely spent after the workout, I felt pretty darn good about what I'd accomplished. I even tackled the fat grips and hung like a monkey for 7 seconds. Who knows? Maybe I'll really get into this thing workout thing...wearing my gansta hat like Clance or posing-at-random with my shirt off like Werner....ummmm....probably not...you're welcome!

Well, I'm off to meet DEAR friend, Aubrey for lunch, then downtown for a workout then out for an event at the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) with Emmanuel. Am I a lucky woman or what?!?

TGIF, baby!!!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment