Thursday, May 28, 2009

Is it just me....

...or is everyone feeling a bit under the weather? My friend, Emmanuel (aka Motivator Man) blames it on Mercury Retrograde. I don't know if it's that or just "the blahs", but I have to tell you it's been a real challenge for me to focus on ANYTHING these past few weeks. Oh sure, I've had uplifting moments - birthday celebrations with family & friends keep me in a happy place - but it's been a real struggle for me. Whatever the reason, it's time I got back to where I was at - The Ambassador of Positivity!

OK, in order to return to my old self, I've decided this blog will be dedicated to the Happy Dance Moments I've experienced recently. Here are some of the highlights:

- Monday morning AFOOFA coffee with the gang. We missed Emmanuel and Andres, but it was good to reconnect after a week off. Sylvie & I started talking about the creative side of my brand identity (i.e. logo & colours). It started me thinking about how I want to present myself. I've decided I am ... "funky professional"...does that sound right to people?!?

- Monday afternoon I met with April Poppe, organizer extraordinaire. Although my condo is still a mess (well, worse actually as all the mess that was in the spare bedroom has now been moved to my living room), I have an action plan on how to organize the spare-bedroom-from-hell into a great living space. Yeah!!

- Tuesday afternoon workout - Hey! I did it! I schlepped that (insert expletive here) sandbag across the gym floor to the dulcet tones of the Evil One's "bum down, Yvonne". My back was glad for the reminders, although I did feel a tich uncomfortable with having my bum watched so closely. If only it were a nicer bum...

- Wednesday...not such a good day mentally, but I did manage to put the majority of my DVDs into a binder. What took up 3 shelves on a book case has now been condensed to two binders. Gotta love that! Now I just have to get rid of the plastic cases that are cluttering my home..sigh...

- This morning - a FABULOUS conversation with Motivator Man. I feel all energized and ready to go again! He, too, is helping me with my brand identity. Emmanuel and I were talking about how it wasn't "chance" that caused our meeting. We are both benefitting from knowing each other. I love it when that happens!

I've decided this whole, "working from home", is not workin' for me. I'm an extravert and need to suck the energy from others. So, I'm gonna start going into the gym every day and hanging out there. If I can help out, great. If not, I'll do my own work. It will give me a place to hang with people and keep me focused on my journey to good health.

The journey, as mentioned, has not been going so well. I have to keep reminding myself of the 22 lbs by the end of July goal and stay focused. In order to meet that goal, I've gotta step it up now. Hanging out at the gym will be a good thing for me.

Oh yeah, my cravings for sugar are back. I wonder why....hmmmm...could it be because, on my "cheat day", I snarfed a SLAB of chocolate fudge cake in 2 seconds and then ate everything-with-sugar-that-wasn't-nailed-down?!? It's all about the lessons learned....

I'm hoping all y'all are in a better space than I have been. I also hope that this funk is truly related to Mercury Retrograde since I understand that it's supposed to end on the 31st. Count down to a better head space!!

Cheers dudes & babes!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment