Monday, July 13, 2009

Can you say....

"avoidance", boys & girls?!? I have homework from my first day of class and yet, here I sit typing on my blog...see what I'm talking about?!?

BTW, sorry for the goof up. I'm not sure how to delete that extra post, so just ignore it...sigh...

Well, 1st day of "normalcy" today, although quite frankly sitting in a classroom for 7 1/2 hours really isn't all that normal for me! I mean that I'm back to taking my fish oils & vitamins regularly...back to eating healthy (vs. everything in sight)...back to exercising. Well, that last one was alreay part of my days, now wasn't it! Oh yeah...back to NOT sweating at the mere thought of going outside! Today was a gorgeous, sunny, totally reasonable weather day!

Many of us in the class are finding this particular week to be a bit more challenging than the Foundations course. There is a lot more content to absorb and less coaching. That last bit is a bummer for me. Plus, there are people in the course that had taken the Foundations course before us...strangers!!! Anyway, it all made for good learning. But I really should get to that homework...

I started taking the stairs again. For a while, I was taking the elevator at the GO Train station to minimize the pressure on my knees. Well, that's toast! No more coddling myself. I took the stairs at Union Station and I took the stairs in my building. Well, I took them to the ground floor because I couldn't find the stair well that went to the floors...need to find! I also did 30 minutes on the treadmill, increasing to an elevation of 12 and a top speed of 3.2. I could only manage that top level of 10 minutes without feeling like I wanted to throw up my lung, but it's something to keep pressing. My goal? Get to a higher elevation and a faster speed without a) tripping, b) throwing up and/or c) falling off.

OK..now I really MUST do my homework...

I hope everyone is doing well. BTW, feel free to let me know if you have any other suggestions to help prep me for The Inca Trail. Thanx to niece Sandra for treadmill tip - I'm not at the level she's at, but I will be one day! Maggie, awesome chick from class, has volunteered to hike with me. That's cool as long as she doesn't kick my ass on the hike..

OK...gotta go and do my homework now...:)

Later, poppits!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment