Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Swimming & sunning & napping...

... oh my!

That was my day today. I think the toughest thing I did was to get out of bed at 5:15 and do the 8KM walk with my brother. Everything after that was smooth sailing!

I napped when I got home, after stretching and playing "fetch" with Pearl. Had lunch (chicken and lots of veggies...mmmm...) then headed to the pool. I am now, officially, a lobster. Well, at least on my upper body. The legs could use some more colour, but waddaya gonna do? I simply could NOT stand being in the sun any longer. In the 2-ish hours I was out there, I was in the pool 4 times and still I perspired. Honestly! I can't believe the heat here. It's overwhelming. Quite frankly, I don't know how the sibs are gonna handle it. Some of them do NOT do well with heat!

Today was a bad craving day. For some reason, I could NOT get the thought of a peanut-butter-and-banana-on-toasted-12-grain-bread out of my head. I'm telling you, it was all I could think about! Fortunately, I resisted, but YIKES! Enough already! Instead, I indulged in a few wedges of pita bread to soak up the dressing in my Greek salad at dinner. Not quite the same, but good enough. I also bought some yummy honey sesame coated almonds from Trader Joe's. Hey! Trader Joe's is a "healthy" store, so they can't be all that bad, right? Everything's fine in moderation, right? Oh, is eating 4 handfuls in one sitting "moderation"?!?

Sigh....

Up at 4:30 (yes, in the morning) and heading to the gym. CURSE YOU, TRADER JOE'S!!!

G'night my super-restrained inspirational friends and family!!!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment