Sunday, July 26, 2009

Will the rain ever stop?!?

Yeesh! Now I understand why people are complaining so much about the weather!

Today I went for a walk, when it was sunny. I was psyched, thinking I was gonna map out a walk that was at least 10K. I'm telling you, I was motivated people! But then, 40 minutes into the walk, I've got my groove goin', my butt wiggling to the latest 80's rock tune playing on my iPOD, then I see a flash and hear "crack" and know that I'm not gonna make it home in time. Sure enough, not only do I have to cut my walk short, but I end up soppin' wet for the last 20 minutes of the walk...oie!! Oh well, at least I got 40 minutes in!

I met with some of the Inca Trail chicks last week. They're a great lot and it was good to meet them. We discussed where we should be in our training and, basically, I'm kinda behind! We're supposed to be doing cardio 3x/week, strength training at least once/week and a hike once/week. So, it's time I get busy! I also realized I need to step up the diet too. It's time to really focus and get this weight off.

I spoke to The Evil One during my training session. When I asked him for suggestions for "stepping up" the weight loss, he got a bit of an evil grin on his face and said "well there is something you can do". All he needed was an evil laugh and I would've sworn he was auditioning for a part in "Mad Scientists". Anyway, he suggested that I do a 24 hr fast, once/week. I did my usual protest-like-hell and then started to warm to the idea. By the end of the conversation, I was committed to doing it (at least in my head), and Werner promised to provide me with more information. Given that he's now enroute for a week of soul searching in Squamish, BC, I'm thinkin' it will have to wait for a week. Anyway, I think this will be a good thing. I've heard that fasts aren't so bad and really, people do it all the time. If anyone has any feedback or thoughts on fasting, lemme know. Thanx!

So, I mentioned I had my first guided workout Thursday. Yikes! I felt quite weak. Although I did the same workout, I didn't do as much weight as I did before I left. Once again, I'm amazed at how much you lose over a short period of time! My butt hurt...my knees hurt....even my toes hurt, for the love of God! I don't know how or why my toes hurt, but they did! Soooo, back to my Epsom salt bath and muscle aches neutralized! They also helped me have a great sleep!

So, this week is about business development. I'm meeting with someone tomorrow who I might be able to work with to facilitate some workshops. That would be really cool. Then I'm doing my coaching sessions in Chatham for the end of the week. It's all good.

Gonna have to figure out the exercise thing and, of course, focus on eating better, oh, and find a day to fast...yada, yada....

Well, have a great week, poppits!!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment