Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ya just never know...

Hi everyone!

Well, it's Thursday morning, about 10:45, Phoenix time, and once again I opted to nap vs. go into work with John this morning. I guess it's the whole getting-up-at-4:15-on-my-vacation thing that's making me beligerent!

Today we hiked part of Squaw Peak in Phoenix. I say part, because I never would've survived doing the whole thing! As it stands now, there were moments on this trail where I wanted to stop and throw up a lung. Well, it's all good learning. Learning that I still have a ways to go in prep for The Inca Trail...Learning that I need to continue my focus to lose weight and train like hell...Learning that I am grateful to have received NOW and not later!! I've not given up hope. On the contrary, it's just made me more resolved to shrink my fat arse and get busy on the prep. I'll have to tell The Evil One so he can work my legs even more. I know, clearly I'm suffering dimentia or deep de-hydration for having said that!

I was quite proud of my brother, John, though. He was barely out of breath and only twisted his ankle once! Poor guy. I can understand why he'd lose it, though, as the trail was quite rocky in places. I found the way down to be just as painful as the way up. Not so much on the cardio side, but my knees are killing me! Story of my life, isn't it?!? Oh well...more exercise...less eating of crap...GOING FOR IT!!!!

Tomorrow it's back to the gym with a greater appreciation for the hill program. I think a high, steady incline is a good way to train. It's an exhausting program, but I know it will be good for me. God help me to not fall off the treadmill...and God help the person behind me if I do!!

Well, it's off to the pool for a few hours. I must get some colour on these legs...seriously!!

Have a FAB day everyone!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment