Friday, July 31, 2009

It's the last day of July...

...sigh...

I'm typin' at 'cha live from the dining room table of my bro, Tom & sister-in-law, Dianne's home. He's got wireless internet..ooh, baby!! Tom doesn't know how it works, and he almost forgot the password to get in, but he's got wireless. I love it! My brother is da bomb...seriously!

Well, I did the 6 one-on-one Myers-Briggs "translation" sessions yesterday. The group represented the managers and director of the Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit. Nice folks and a very interesting dynamic of personalities! I love this stuff!! Many of them really opened up to me about some of the challenges they face with their teams. They seemed to appreciate the insight & context I was able to provide based upon their Myers-Briggs personality preferences. I felt pretty darn good about the conversations and saw at least one "a-ha" moment from each of them. It's a great feeling!

After the day, I met high school friends Kelly & Lisa for dinner. I hadn't seen Lisa for at least 10 years...she's still the same and said I was still the same. That is just cool! We spent almost 3 hours in "Glitters" downtown restaurant that was opened in Chatham when I was in high school. It was the be all and end all when it opened - a real happenin' place. Now it's home for many birthday celebrations and gossip sessions! Nothing about the place had changed, including the paint chipped walls in the ladies' washroom...love it!!!

The week seemed to have flown by. Honestly, I don't know where it went! Lemme see if I can do a quick summary of the events....

On the health front...eating has been pretty good...until I hit Chatham. I've eaten a few, too many carbs while here, including toast with peanut butter and a few nacho chips. Add to it that I only exercised once this week and that was a treadmill/weight lifting thing. Sooooo, not looking forward to stepping on the scale Monday. I did, however, drive out a 10.5 KM walk. It will be, if anything, scenic! I head east then south along the Lakeshore, then north, then west, then south, then north, then west then south! It's quite a jaunt and combines two of the walking "trails" I already do. I'm looking forward to tackling it - perhaps Monday. Next week for sure. There are plenty of coffee shops and convenience stores along the way, should I require some rest breaks. I'm not sure if I'll complete the whole 10KM in the first run, but my intention is to do so! Wish me luck!

I'm staying in Chatham today, then heading back to Mississauga tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to a day of R&R by the pool, then a chick's night with Dianne & Lisa tonight. That should be fun! Sunday is a hike with Maggie, weather permitting.

Well, I'm off to meet an old grade school chum, Annette for breakfast at Eli's. My brother raves about Eli's breakfasts, so this should be good!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment