Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Hills are alive...

...with the sound of my grunting, moaning & puffing....

Today was hike day. Up at 4:15 and at the bottom of Squaw Peak by 5:00 where Frederica greeted us. I was kinda excited (well, interested) in seeing how I performed the hike this time vs. last week. On the positive side, I finished it again! I also took parts of it at a much faster pace than I did last week, as Fred informed me (bless her heart!). I had to stop a few more times, though, as my heart was pumpin'. I had the same feeling I had last week where, at points, I just wanted to lie on the rocks and say "go on, just leave me to die!!" Fortunately, I controlled that urge...just like I controlled my urge to eat the peanut-butter-and-banana sandwich. Well done to me!

I've been really good about watching what I eat. Remember my commitment to "letting go" and just chillaxin' about my approach to food? Well, it's been very helpful. I only eat what I want to eat - like the whole bag of honey-sesame almonds from Trader Joe's and not the chocolate dipped ice cream cone from the Dairy Queen. I'm lovin' this approach! I know I will indulge in two things before the trip is over...Stone Cold Creamery ice cream and my brother's German Chocolate birthday cake. It's all good....

Today the rest of the gang arrives from Ontario. Everyone is so excited! It's going to be chaos, so I'm enjoying the solitude of the moment and the pawing from Pearl. I don't even mind that she wants to play "fetch". Where does she get the energy...and how do I get me some of that?!?

Until the next blog...later, gators!!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment