Friday, July 3, 2009

I could get used to this...

G'morning all! It's 8:05 am Phoenix time and I'm sitting in a schwanky office in my brother's building. Nice place, really. I could get used to hanging out here! Hmmmm....perhaps I should hang a shingle in Phoenix, too?!?

Well, I didn't go in to the gym today. Instead, I listened to Pearl, the dog, sit outside my door and bark for a good hour. Apparently, her razor sharp hearing could hear me, I dunno, breathing! Although she is a real cutie, I must confess to being annoyed with her. I mean, really, I blew off going to the gym, so what makes her think I'm gonna play "fetch" with her at that hour?!? Fortunately, like with all my borderline insanity thoughts, I managed to NOT act out the many things I thought about doing to her. Good thing I have self-constraint!

Last night, John, Jim & I went for dinner at another all you can eat soup & salad place. This one, I was told, was a little more upscale than the one my sister, Rita, and I went to yesterday. Given that the all of my siblings will be in town next week, I felt the need to investigate so I could make an educated recommendation on which place is best. You can't imagine the pressure I feel! Anyway, the place we went to last night, Sweet Tomato, had a very nice pasta bar and a yummy bakery section. Needless to say, I was in hell. Oh sure, I managed to fill up on the mega topping salad, but there was very little protein and even MY imagination couldn't stretch far enough to believe that the sliced carrots on spinach I was eating tasted like that gooey carrot lava cake smothered in buttercream icing. Oh great, now I have a craving for carrot cake...sigh...Anyway, for an additional $3, I'm guessing Sweet Tomato will be the restaurant of choice. Most people will be able to eat the goodies, anyway, so I think for them it will be worth it.

My brother informed me that we get to sleep in tomorrow (Saturday) until 6:00 am. Oh goodie! That is because we're not going to the gym. Instead we're going for a power walk of 5 miles. We can't go any later than 6:00 or else it will be too hot. Hmmm...I'm wondering why we couldn't wait until, say 8:00,then go to the air conditioned gym?!? I'd suggest it, but I think he's got his heart set on the power walk. Sheesh, the things one has to do for family...tee, hee!

Well, back to work now! So much on my "Phoenix to do" list. No rest for the weary....

Have a great day, poppits!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment