Thursday, July 23, 2009

Where did the week go?!?

Greetings & salutations!!

I just re-read my last entry and thought "wow!! It's been a busy week!" Alot has happened since that last entry, so lemme fill you in on the deats!

First of all, Thursday & Friday of the class were, by far, the best of the week. I also entered Thursday morning with an attitude adjustment. After all, it was a new day with no mistakes...why NOT be happy?!? I had a good conversation with Elizabeth, coach extraordinaire, and realized that hey! Maybe I'm not so bad at this coaching thing. And maybe others were feeling like fish out of water, too (turns out, they were!). And maybe I can learn a little about myself from this angst....like, theory and methodology are good to help provide context and framework for the coaching conversation. So what if it makes me feel like I want to poke my eye with a red, hot poker? SUCK IT UP, SISTER!! Which is pretty much what I did ... and the remaining two days went much better. As a matter of fact, by 9:30 am Thursday, I was back to my old self. Thanx to the support of the awesome people in my Foundations course and to Elizabeth, of course. Good peeps, I tell ya!

It helped that I signed up two coaching gigs as well...yeah for me! I'm off to Chatham on the 30th to do one-on-one Myers-Briggs "translation" sessions, where I help six managers understand their Myers-Briggs profile and preferences and how that may impact their communication style and their approach to work and leadership...all good stuff! Shout out to Kelly for the foot in the door! Stay tuned....

I got an email from Heather yesterday outlining where we should be at in our training for climbing the Inca Trail...oie! According to her, we should be doing at least one hour of cardio and strength training EVERY DAY! AND, like that's not gonna kill me, we should be doing at least one hike/week. OK, so the hike will happen weekly starting August 2nd, thanx to Maggie. But the other stuff? Not so much. Fortunately, I've scheduled weekly training sessions with The Evil One, starting today....which is good. However, I have got to figure out how to work the other hour/day into my oh-so busy schedule...sigh...

I came in to LPS to work out yesterday for the first time in 5 weeks. Because it was "self-guided", I ended up pulling that (enter expletive here) sled. Clearly, it had been a long time since I'd done that exercise because my heart was pounding through my chest and I was sweating like a cold Coke on a hot day... after only one pull of the sled across the floor! YIKES!! I can only imagine what today's workout with Werner will be like. Here's hoping he's in a good mood...

I've been experimenting with the food thing. I've decided it's time to step it up on the eating. I'd been acting like queen of the hop...drinking lattes, eating oatmeal for breakfast...heck! I even ate a scone from Whole Foods!! Come on, yt, party's over now! I'm gonna save the 9-hour window for when I want to kick start things again, so I'm back to eating my protein breakfasts. The good news is it will put me into a better routine again. I found when I was doing the 9 hour window, that I'd forget to take my fish oils & vitamins. Such confusion, honestly!

So....recommitment to me & my poppits...
- no grains or sugar (including but not limited to scones, granola and/or oatmeal)
- dairy limited to one yogurt/day (buh-bye lattes...sigh)
- goat cheese once/week
- fruit (max 2 servings/day)
- and portion control, for the love of God...

re: exercise....1 hour/day; 1 hike/week

I'm gonna see where this brings me. In terms of my weight loss goal (i.e. 22 lbs. by the end of July), well, I still have about 18 lbs. to go. I'm thinkin' that the end of July is a little aggressive for that particular objective, so I'm looking to achieve that before I go on my Alaskan cruise (August 18th).

Hold me to it, people. Just remind me that I asked you to do so when I give you "the look" or start to cry if you see me cheating!

Take care and stay dry!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment