Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday, April 20th, 2009

Oh-My-GAWD!!! That's all I can say...are you sitting down as this will be a long one?!?

As I mentioned, I went to Michigan for a wedding. I stayed with my cousin Pete & Kelly and they were FABULOUS hosts...as expected! I drove Thursday afternoon, to the wonderful narration of Harry Potter's 7th book. It was a good ride, packed with good snacks and 5 hours of escape.

We chillaxed and had dinner at home, joined by daughter Angela, hubby Joe and ADORABLE daughter Sophia. I was telling whoever would listen of the drama that is my "journey to good health". Kelly was making pasta with homemade sauce and I was resigned to blowing my diet on the first day. Fortunately, Angela came up with a solution of cooking up grilled chicken strips with the sauce, so I didn't have to compromise - shout out to Ange for saving my bacon! Friday was also a good day and Kelly made a "Caveman Diet compatable" dinner of fish and lots of veggies. She rocks! Saturday...well, now....that's a whole other story.

Everything was fine until I arrived at the wedding. I knew I was in trouble when I had devoured a spring roll (the deep fried kind) before I even said "hello" to anyone! That was the beginning of my downfall. It's time to come clean, my brothers & sisters. I fell off the diet IN A BIG WAY Saturday. There was a chocolate fountain...need I say more?!? The only solace I take is that I resisted the temptation to sit at the fountain with my mouth open under the dripping chocolate. So instead, I dipped two BIG strawberries and, are you ready for this, an oreo cookie into the chocolate. And that's not all...I had two drinks....alcoholic beverages, my peeps...it's true! Needless to say I was buzzing like a bee for most of the night...until I came crashing down about 12:30! I woke up feeling a bit a nauseous...karma?!? Sunday and today were much better, so I'm sure I'm back on track.

So, fessing up to you guys is difficult enough. When The Evil One asked me the dreaded question "How was your eating this weekend?", I knew it was time to pay the piper. After I told him, Werner shook his head and gave me a "look". I'd seen that look only one time before. It was from my kindergarten teacher after she discovered that I claimed another student's artwork as my own...well, actually, I did tell her that Mitchell gave it to me after she gave me a big smiley face on the work...that's when she gave me "the look". She shook her head too, btw. Anyway, it's a look that combines disgust and disappointment. I don't ever want to see that look again, so I'm committed to remaining on track again - oie for the look!

Leaving you on a positive note, I navigated the underground PATH system from LPS to Union Station for the first time. I'm quite proud of this achievement as it's a bit of a pain since the signs aren't all that clear - especially to someone directionally challenged like me. I still prefer the fresh air and open space of the outdoor route to the crowded, underground path with way too many tempting retail stores. It's easier for me to resist pushing someone out of the way then it is for me to resist a good Danier Leather sale! Anywho, it was great to get to the GO Train dry and warm via an underground walk!

Well folks, that's all for now. Tomorrow will be spent hanging at LPS doing some marketing stuff and a workout with The Evil One. I know he will torture me moreso than usual, but I'll be seeing Bill afterward and will be sure to get alot of sympathy!

Take care, poppits!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment