Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday, April 15th 2009

It's gonna be a lovely day today...yippee!! You know how that will affect my mood. If you're any where near the downtown area, look out for my cheezy, ear-to-ear grin!!

And speaking of "inappropriately dressed"...sandals now?!? People, I don't care if you did get a pedicure, it's too early for sandals. Please, save yourself the potential frostbite and keep the toes covered until May...seriously...

Preparing for the onslaught of protest....

Yesterday was spent schmoozing it up with my old team and having my last official meeting with Barb. Then I worked out with The Evil One. He got pretty creative with his workout options - remember we're protecting my knees. Yesterday, I did the 30 minute go-as-hard-and-as-fast-as-I-can-even-if-I-throw-up-a-lung ride on the bike, then moved the sled with 156lbs. across the floor (one way). Then, to bring the sled back to the other side of the gym, I pulled it...literally, hand over hand pulling with a thick rope, moving the sled across the floor. Of course, it only had 52.5 lbs on it, but still it was a challenge! I'll give Werner credit for his creativity. No stinkin' knee issue will stop that guy from giving me a heart-pounding, non-stop thrill ride of a workout!

I have some not-so-good news...according to the yt scale, I'm up 1/2 lb. and up 1 lb. according to the LPS scale. This does not make me happy, but since Werner didn't freak out, I took some comfort. He said that body fluctuations are "normal". Seems to be a different tune from last week, but I'm going with it.

Had day 2 of my Caveman Diet...ate lots of protein and veggies within my 9 hours, so that was good. Sweet cravings were non-existent, although I did miss the cheese & croutons on my caesar salad...but, waddaya gonna do?!?

Today, I'm back downtown to meet "Motivator Man" for coffee in the morning...should be a fun time! I have workout #3 this week, then back home for dinner and a pyjama party with BFF Bill.

BTW, I have a lead (thanx to Barb) on possibly doing some coaching work with Felix Global. This could happen fairly soon, providing he likes me and my skills match the work. Barb seems to think it's a match, so we'll see. Wish me luck, folks!

Have a FAB-U-LOUS day!! Shout out to Joanne, who's now down 35 lbs...rock on, sister!!
(a) yt xox

1 comment: