Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday, April 11th 2009

Hello everyone! Happy Holy Saturday. It's a sunny-but-chilly day in the neighbourhood today. Doesn't matter, though, as the sunshine makes it just glorious!

Well, clearly I've been remiss in my blogging - shame on me! Lemme fill you in on what's been goin' down.

Thursday was spent hangin' with BBF Bill then I headed into the city for a workout and then dinner with Deborah. Friday was with BBF then off to Lorry's for a nice dinner and visit with the family.

For Thursday's workout, I hoisted the 40 lb. sandbag over my shoulder, going from one side of the gym to the other - one way the bag was on the left shoulder, then the other way it was on the right shoulder. I repeated this 10 times, trying to beat my time with each rep. One of the LPS clients, who was working out with Clance at the same time I was walking along the gym floor, made a few comments. One of them was, "hey, you could carry me over your shoulder." He was joking, of course, and really was trying to encourage me. He even commented on how he wished his wife would come in and work out, too. However, being the neurotic freak I am, I immediately felt ...what's the female equivalent of immasculated? effeminated?!? It's bad enough I'm getting calluses and I practically broke Bill's shoulder while we were "fun" wrestling. Now I'm carrying a 40 lb sand bag like it's a sack of potatoes! Seriously, am I being neurotic thinking of myself as "butch" because I can take most of the security guards in my building? Am I less lady-like because I groan and breathe heavily when I lift weights? Does it make me less of woman knowing that my workout "look" (i.e. hair pushed off my face with a headband, no makeup, sweating like there's no tomorrow) could scare all children under 5...and I don't care?!? Perhaps I'm being melodramatic (who? moi?!?), but these are things that worry me sometimes...time to get over myself....

Yesterday, Lorry hosted dinner for me, Tom Dianne & Lisa, Denis & Dianne. It was a good dinner and, as always, we took a trip down memory lane. Lorry was having a jolly good time thinking about events in the past. She's such a good story teller, so inevitably, she had us all in stitches. It was quite fun. What WASN'T fun was my overwhelming cravings for anything sweet. She had chocolate eggs and a caramel apple pie ... oh my! I wanted that pie in a BAD way! I had visions of doing a face plant into the pie and just chewing...mmmm! Honestly, if I didn't know that Lorry would rat me out to Werner, I would've done it. Thank God she's so honest!

I told you this was a bad time of year for me...oie!

Well, today is a new day. I'm off to run some errands then to cousin Sandra's for dinner and a movie. Fortunately, she is also trying to lose weight, so healthy choices will abound!

Happy Easter everyone...or perhaps Passover is more your celebration!
yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment