Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday, April 6th 2009

Hello from a snowy & cold Mississauga. What happened to the sunshine & warmth of yesterday?!?

Well, let's move on to something more positive. I stepped on the yt scale and am down another 1.5 lbs. I've had a few realizations, poppits, that are really motivating me.
- I'm only 1.5 lbs. from my 15 lb goal
- I have lost, in total, 37.5 lbs. since I started this journey in August
- some of you may have remembered when I was seeing a nutritionist over 10 years ago. In that year, I lost 50 lbs. and was at my lowest weight since moving back to Canada in 1991. I am just 26.5 lbs from that lowest weight. This REALLY excites me because, at that weight, I was feeling really good. It's not my final weight, but it's a good, short-term goal for me.

And speaking of "short-term goals", I went over to Heather's yesterday to hear about an upcoming trip planned to Peru, climbing the Inca Trail. There were several of the women who climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro with Heather in attendance. It was great to meet them all. Talk about "inspirational"! Heather is planning this trip for May 2010. The trip will involve white water rafting, hiking and horseback riding. I'm not sure about the horseback riding, as I've always said that nothing that big will get between my legs without an engagement ring. However, I think the trip itself is a good goal for me to work towards. It gives me a year to prep and get more weight off; a year to train so that I can do the climb; a year to save for it and a year to psychologically prepare myself to sit on top of a horse. I'm gonna go for it...wahoo!!!! Tomorrow I speak with Werner and begin the plan to get me ready.

Today was a good day. I met Jeff & Victor, old CIBC work colleagues, for lunch then did a workout at LPS. I did the bike for 17 minutes and pulled 170 lbs on that @!)&%^! sled. One rep is for me to pull the sled across the gym floor twice. Well, I decided to challenge myself even more, by trying to improve my time with every rep. I started out at 1.21 seconds to complete the rep and ended up with a 1.07 second rep - the last one, where I thought my energy had left my body. It just goes to show you what the body can do when the mind is ready!

I met BBF Bill for dinner, then headed home.

Tomorrow will be a fairly busy day (for me, anyway!), with a 9:00 workout with The Evil One, followed by a session with Barb (transition coach) and coffee with Hema. I'm also excited because Aubrey & I are going to check out and introduction session for the Adler Coaching Certification program. I'm looking forward to hearing about that program.

Well dudes & babes, it's time to get this body into bed. Goodness knows I need my beauty sleep!

Stay warm and stay dry....they're calling for more flurries and a low wind chill tomorrow. Oie!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment