Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday, April 8th 2009

Hello and sorry for my delayed blogging! It's 4:30 on Wednesday and it has completely slipped my mind that I'd forgotten to update everyone. Clearly, I'm going to hell in a handbasket. What's up with that expression, anyway? My mom used to use it all the time. I'm guessing there are few of us small enough to fit into a "handbasket", so that would be a tough journey...

Well, yesterday was a monumental day for me, when it comes to training and eating. Basically, The Evil One and I had a "come to Jesus". You see, the BASTARD scale at LPS did not show my weight loss of 1.5 lbs. I think I was more freaked out about it then Werner was, but you'll be happy to know no violence was committed. Actually, come to think about it, I didn't even swear. It's because my energy level was really low as I worked out at 9:00 and hadn't had any food since the previous night. Otherwise, I'm not sure what would've happened with that lack of scale movement. God works in mysterious ways....

Had a chat with Werner about the pain in my knees and my goal to climb the Inca Trail. He said my goal was doable "Of course you can do it, Yvonne". In addition, my workout was adjusted, so instead of leg presses, I did two things to compensate:
1) peddaled the bike for 30 sec, with a speed greater than 75 and a tension greater than 4 and
2) carried the 40 lb. sand bag across the gym floor twice

This was a good substitute as my cardio was pretty high...um...like my heart was pounding so hard it worked it's way up into my head enroute to pounding out my ears at any moment. Ever had that feeling...anyone?!? It ain't fun. On a positive note, I didn't have to have an epsom salt bath last night, although I was hobbling to and from the GO train! The pressure on the knees was definitely better.

Aubrey & I went out for dinner last night, then went to the overview session for the coaching certification program with Adler. Way cool stuff! I'm psyched about it and will definitely be going through it. The curriculuum is very good and everyone seems so nice...and happy...and positive...yeesh!

Well, I have been introduced to my next phase of my journey to good health. I'll tell you tomorrow when I confirm the details with The Evil One. It's not glamourous, like a 9 hour eating window, but it will be a short-term sacrifice for what Werner guarantees to be significant weight loss. I'm in!! What the heck, really...I did say it's time for me to "get busy"!!

Truthfully, have I made any REAL food sacrifices? Do I really need sugar and bread and skim milk, sugar-free vanilla lattes?!? YES, DAMMIT!! but what the hell? I'm 37.5 lbs. lighter than I was in August and I'm on my way to getting into the best shape I've been in for a very long time. So, it's worth it. BTW, feel free to throw these words back at me when I start whining...and you know I WILL start whining!

I'm signing off now in anticipation of BFF Bill's arrival. Hopefully, we'll get a little exercise of our own...like a nice walk around the block...what were YOU thinking?!?

TTFN!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment