Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday March 13, 2009

It's Friday the 13th...oooh.....AND it's a full moon...anyone feeling out of sorts... hearing voices in your head...suffering from chapped lips because they were up most of the night with a sexy guy having a mad make-out session like two, crazed teenagers...I mean, um, oh never mind...

So, besides having a FABULOUS day weather-wise, I managed to eat very well and squeeze in a little nap AND some exercise. What a great day! I did ok holding off eating until 11:30 and just finished up dinner at 7:30, so I'm good to go until morning. Perhaps my system is adjusting?
Food intake (the boring stuff) ... coupla burgers & asparagus for brunch and hummus & carrots & a grapefruit for dinner at 7:30. Pretty decent and quite filling. Hopefully I'm getting the hang of this.

My day started with conversations with my DEAR friends, Aubrey & Duane who constantly remind me how blessed I am to have their friendship. They've got my back and it's so great! Aubrey told me he's down 10 lbs since we've started this journey...awesome!

Now, I should tell you about Aubrey. When I organized a Weight Watchers at Work program a few years ago, Aubrey, being the supportive friend, joined the group because I needed people. For those of you who don't know, the first 15-20 minutes of a WW@Work meeting is spent weighing in. Here you will find several of the members (mostly women) standing in line removing shoes, jewelry, underwire bras, etc., all with the hope of removing excess weight before stepping onto the scale. Aubrey, on the other hand, much to the frustration of his fellow WW attendees, would step onto the scale, wearing his shoes, belt, blackberry, cell phone, glasses and a cheezy grin...and he ALWAYS lost weight! Needless to say, he did not win many friends in the group. As a matter of fact, I'm sure he was pelted with a few baby carrots in protest. One should not be showing off to a bunch of women scorned by the scale...

Tomorrow will be filled with a walk in the morning then a day of leisure and off to Waterloo to see my peeps Kathy & Tammy (Cuba chicks) and hear Jeremy Tozer (Aubrey's son) perform at The Fox & The Fiddle. If anyone's in Waterloo tomorrow, stop by and see Jeremy. He's really good! Show starts at 10:00 pm!

Good eats..good health!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment