Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday, March 29th 2009

Happy Sunday everyone! It seems as if the rain has subsided for a bit and the sun is back out. Way to fight those clouds, sunshine!

I am sitting having an AWESOME snack of 1/2 cup goat's milk yogurt, 1/2 cup of black berries, 10 almonds and some Xylo...mmm, mmm, MMM!!!! You can't imagine the pleasure this snack is giving me - to have yogurt back in my life just makes me really happy. Again, it's life's little things we've got appreciate....

Yesterday was spent grocery shopping, napping then off to dinner & the symphony with Vincent. A great performance, compliments of Vincenzo - sure beats a movie anyday! It was a more "casual" concert, which meant that instead of their usual tuxedos, the Toronto Symphony Orchestra (TSO) wore black pants & a black top. The conductor (Yannick Nezet-Seguin) came out with black pants & a black sweater with his white shirt tails peaking out from under the bottom of the sweater. I thought he was adorable, but I'm sure he caused a few gasps of shock from some of the older audience member - not to mention Vincent who wore a tie in protest of the casual concert! It was a great concert, with three pieces. One of them was titled "Piano Concerto for the Left Hand in D Major" and was composed specifically for a pianist who lost his arm in WW1. It was amazing to watch it being performed. I really enjoyed it.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but when I listen to classical music, I have a tendancy to drift. Last night was no exception and I found myself thinking thoughts like...
..."Would my St. Joseph's Church choir experience qualify me for the TSO?"
..."Could one play the cello if one had really, big boobs?"
..."Where exactly does the fluid go when the brass section empties their spit valves?"

More glimpses into the mind of yvonne. Judge me not, poppits, just never ask me the question, "So, what 'cha thinkin'?"

Today I met cousin Sandra for brunch at Milestones then for a movie. It was a good time, with good conversation & good food. Now I'm off to do laundry and cook in prep for the arrival of BBF, Bill.

TTFN, dudes & babes!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment