Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday, March 26th 2009

I think I've experienced hell on earth...Or maybe just yvonne's hell on earth. Indulge me for a moment while I explain.

I knew I was in trouble when I went to a health food store called "Ambrosia" with BBF, Bill. As I wandered mindlessly through the aisles, grabbing the things on my list, I would often find myself standing in front of the bulk candy section. I don't know how I got there..I just kept finding myself in that section. We're talking at least 3 times this happened to me! Fortunately, we left the store before I could do any real damage. Then I headed downtown via subway to LPS for my 2nd workout this week. Here's when I experienced my personal hell...

I took the underground path from the Queen Street station to the gym. In order to reach my final destination, I had to walk through The Bay. The route took my right through the deli/bakery and gourmet candy section. It was BRUTAL! I kept seeing Laura Secord eggs...and those candy-coated chocolate "Eggies"...and Cadbury Creme Eggs...oie! This time of year is so hard for me as I LOVE all of the candy that's available. Honestly, give me 2 giant Laura Secord eggs, 1 KG bag of Eggies and a large bottle of water and I'm in heaven. Anyway, by the time I actually reached LPS, I was ready to kiss the ground. It wasn't until the door closed and I heard the sweet sound of JACK FM playing that the taunting voices of the chocolate bunnies stopped. It was the first time in weeks that I'd been really tempted and, quite frankly, I didn't like it. I can see it's going to be hellacious until all of the Easter candy is gone from the stores. When is that? July?!? God give me strength to withstand my own self!!

On a more positive (and less dramatic!) note, I pulled 162.5 lbs, my personal best on that (expletive) sled. I worked out while Clance & Werner worked out. Here these guys were lifting God knows how much weight and doing chin ups and using chains & other nasty stuff, and I was the one making the most noise! Seriously, can one do physical damage to oneself just by breathing loudly?!?

Well dudes & babes, it's time to sign off and meet my friend, Karen for dinner. Happy & healthy eating, everyone!!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment