Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday, March 24th 2009

Werner is my new best friend.

I know some of you are thinking "Am I on the right blog?" or "Who are you and what have you done with Yvonne"....let me explain.

I had an "ah-ha" moment today when I went for my weekly weigh-in at LPS. I was battling the scale, voicing my concern in my so-whiny-it-makes-your-fillings-hurt voice about how the scale was "a filthy liar" because it didn't reflect the 2.5 lbs. I lost. Werner said my weight out loud as Clance happened into the room (the scale is in his office). I yelled "Shhhh! Don't say it out loud!!" Poor Werner had a look of angst on his face, that said "what'd I do wrong now?!?" Then, I'm sure out of desparation to stop my friggin' whining, Werner jiggled all the nobs on the scale and then re-weighed me. Fortunately for everyone in the gym, the scale did show the loss of 2.5 lbs. Crisis averted for the moment. It was then that Werner started his mission to "pump me up", congratulating me on this week's loss as well as my total loss to date. He carried on this positive reinforcement (and even attempted humour a few times) during my workout, as he pushed me even more then he has before. Did I play out various torture scenes in my head as I did my leg presses? Absolutely, but my ah-ha moment came when I realized the tenacity this poor guy has exhibited in keeping me motivated. OK, so he's not really my new best friend, but I raise a virgin Ceasar to Werner for showing the patience and commitment to my health & well-being, and for putting up with constant blog-bashing and whining about my aches & pains. Cheers and thanx to you, daddy-o!

OK, back to me....:)

I am waiting for my epsom salt bath to fill the tub and take me away from my body aches. I get full body shakes when I think that I have 2 more workouts to complete this week...oie! But I will do it. Why? Because I have a damn contract with The Evil One committing myself to 2 extra workouts per week. What the HECK was I thinking?!?

Today was a good eating and socializing day. I met Aubrey & Duane for lunch today where we chatted about all the amazing things on the go for them. Whether you believe in God or not (I do, BTW), it's hard not to believe in a higher force with a greater purpose when you hear of all the wonderful things in store for those two!

Dinner was spent with Henry, a man extraordinaire and a great friend! Good conversation & healthy food surely help to make the day pass faster, don't they?!?

Well peeps, my bath is calling me. Tomorrow will be spent downtown for two seminars at Felix Global then off to hang with my BBF, Bill. Until the next post, stay warm & dry. There's rain in the forecast!
(a) yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment