Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday, March 30th 2009

Heidi ho, dudes & babes! It's about 7-ish in the evening and I'm getting ready to settle in for the evening with the Harry Potter Book 6 (HP & The Half-Blood Prince)...looking forward to it!

Today was a good food day, starting with a salad (with chicken) for lunch and my homemade chicken/beef chili...yummy! I made up a huge batch yesterday, gave some to my hunny, and had enough left over to freeze. Gotta love that! Making big batches comes from the "olden days" of cooking for a small army. I do it in honour of my mom who ALWAYS had to cook for an army of siblings or kids!

I went into LPS today. I was supposed to have a workout, but ended up getting stretched by Werner. He does this facscial stretch therapy, which basically means he massages the muscle and stretches the body. It's supposed to be pain-free, but it wasn't for me. I found myself lifting off the table, breathing like I was having a baby and, sweating like crazy! I'm sure my blood pressure shot through the roof! True confession...there was a point when I almost cried, but stopped because I refused to "act like a girl". I feel alot better, though. The Evil One worked on my knees, then had me go onto a mat on the floor where I did this yoga move while he worked my back muscles. Picture this....

* I'm on all fours on the mat. Note that my fuscia pink t-shirt is now a tich big on me. Therefore, my cleavage (in a black bra, BTW - sexy, I know) is fully exposed to anyone who chooses to walk by.
* Then I flatten my back by extending my arms and moving my bum back, flat, towards my calves. It was challenging to go into the back position, slowly, not only because of my lack of coordination but also because my belly was in the way, keeping me from being flat.

So...now you've got the picture of me, hot pink tshirt, arms extended as flat as they can be with my belly and my bum moving slowly to a crouched position towards my calves. Got it?

OK, now add Werner to the picture....hands on my lower back, probably straddling my fat arse (where else is he gonna stand), moving back and forth with me as I'm going forward and backward to crouch. Are you laughing hysterically?!? Fortunately, there was only one other guy training and he was too busy lifting his weights to notice this comedic scene. Poor Werner, you can only imagine HIS view! I'm just grateful I didn't expel any natural gas, if ya know what I'm sayin'.

Anyway, such is the life of the aging! Time to get back to Harry Potter - I'm so excited!

Tomorrow will be a self-directed workout ...aka...hauling that (bleepin') sled across the gym floor, followed by another networking event downtown. At least it will be sunny!

Later, poppits!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment