Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Good morning,everyone! And such a lovely Sunday morning it is! Some of you are in church, others may still be sleeping or perhaps on a nice walk..whatever! I hope you're having a FAB day!

While I truly want you to have a nice day, I'm lulling you into feeling good so that I won't receive too much wrath when I fess up to a few digressions this weekend. Forgive me, poppits, for I have sinned! No, I have not succumbed to the sweet temptation of sugar. Nor have I tasted the evils of grains. As a matter of fact, despite the overwhelming urges for a non-fat, sugar-free vanilla latte, I have even managed to beat down the dairy oppressor. My fall from grace, my brothers & sisters, is in the timing of my eating. Last night, I ate after 8:30. I'm sorry, but it could not be avoided. Here's what happened....

As I mentioned Friday, I was meeting wonder women Tammy & Kathy at The Fox & The Fiddle in Waterloo. We were to dine then watch Jeremy Tozer's show. We met at 8:00-ish and by the the time we gabbed then ordered, our food didn't arrive until 8:45. I was finished about 9:30. And now that I know The Evil One actually reads the blog (see entry below), I feel even worse. Not that I wouldn't have blurted it out when I see him tomorrow anyway...sheesh! I really must learn to keep my mouth shut on these things.

I tell you, I am my own worst enemy. In moments of weakness, I've actually told myself not to worry about eating a whole bag of sugar free chocolate caramel chunks because the malitol will give me the runs and all the calories and fat will be magically flushed away. Do you see the psychological challenges I am facing? Lemme ask you this, do I have Schizophrenia if I hear a voice in my head telling me to take down the teenage girl at Union Station because I deserve the Cinnabon she's eating more than her? And that I'd actually be doing her a favour, avoiding the criticism she'd receive from her bitchy friends when she gets fat from said Cinnabon? Really, I think I would actually be doing an act of kindness, wouldn't you agree?!?

Reigning in my overactive imagination....

Today I will be heading to Chatham to say "good-bye" to Mr. Maurice Bondy. Mr. Bondy was the father of one of my best friends growing up. He dubbed, Peter (his son), Jackie & I "the three musketeers" and was a kind, sweet, quiet, funny, amazing man. He supported us and enjoyed our successes in his own gentle way. I was sorry to hear that he died, but knew he'd been suffering so he's onto a much better place. Shout out and positive vibes to the remaining Bondy's who are dealing with his loss.

On that note, I will bid you adieu. I hope you will be able to enjoy the day - looks like a FAB day for a walk!

Until tomorrow, thanx for reading!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment