Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday, March 23rd 2009

Greetings & salutations from a sunny-but-chilly Mississauga! Do I care that it's still freezing cold outside? Noooooooo! Why?!? Because it's SUNNY!!!!

Today was the official "yt scale" weigh-in and I'm typin' at 'cha 2.5 lbs lighter than last week. That's a much better weight loss as it seems more reasonable to me - ya know, safer, more effective. Now don't get me wrong, I'll take another 5 lb weight loss week any time, but this just feels better. Anyhoo, this leaves me with only 4.5 lbs. to go to achieve my 15 lb. goal AND I'm now into a lower decade on the scale. Don't 'cha just love it when you go into that lower range of weight? For me, it's only by a 1/2 lb, but it's a 1/2 pound in a lower number. Feeling good, poppits!!

As mentioned in Friday's blog, I headed to The Briars Spa & Resort with my sisters Lorry & Dianne. I was REALLY looking forward to getting away with them as they always make me laugh and I just feel very relaxed with them. They're good peeps and I'm proud to be their sister.

Friday was the road trip to the spa, stopping for lunch and a little window shopping in a little town near Keswick & Jackson's Point. We always go there...it's tradition! Then we checked into our little cottage, chatted, napped then headed to dinner. Saturday was spent sleeping in for me (my eating window did not allow for breakfast), then we headed to lunch and parted for the afternoon. I went to the spa for a pedicure & facial where I napped on the table while my facial mask dried....we're talkin' snoring & drooling on the table....such grace! Saturday evening dinner, chatting then in bed by 11:00 pm. We couldn't believe all the sleeping we did. Clearly, our bodies were telling us to slow down! Sunday was lunch, the drive home and "chores" for me.
All in all, a great weekend.

Now, I should tell you that The Briars offers very tempting desserts including a chocolate pecan pie. I must admit that my cravings have subsided somewhat - meaning that I haven't wanted to commit violence over a chocolate cream puff in a while. However, when my sister Dianne was eating her chocolate pecan pie and enjoying it SO LOUDLY, I was ready to TAKE HER DOWN. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that she was my sister and there were actual witnesses, that woman would've been a goner. I'm not sure which was worse - seeing the pie or her enjoyment of said pie. At least Lorry would tell me that the chocolate brownie or apple crisp she was eating didn't taste "that great"....but noooooo!!! Dianne had to actually ENJOY her pie. AND, to throw salt into my gaping wound, she ordered it on a second night..."because it's so good". Where's the love, people?

Today I'm heading into the city for a meeting at Christie Gardens, with the most amazing advocate of seniors I know - Grace Sweatman. She started Christie Gardens, a full-time care & living facility for seniors, 25 years ago and is all about ensuring dignity and respect for seniors. I love this woman!

I received a reminder from The Evil One Friday about the contract I'd signed for my commitment to work out 2x/week in addition to the torture session with him. Now he's a lawyer...hmpf. So, that means workout #2 from last week will happen today, guided workout with Werner tomorrow, and my own workouts Wednesday & Thursday. Needless to say, I'll be umm...how do I say ... dead....Thursday evening. If anyone wants to check in on me Thursday night, that would be great. I may need you to dial 911 for me. Oie!

Time to have my second cup of black coffee (yum!) and get ready for my day. Until tomorrow, good day and good eating!
(a)yt xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment